Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity abroad

I am off to Majorca for a couple of weeks. I am on Simplicity with unlimited free texts and several hundred minutes of calls!! Does Simplicity operate abroad or do I have to pay for my texts and calls?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Simplicity abroad

Hi!
In the Terms & Conditions it states:

"Any calls made from abroad (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man) or to an international destination from within the UK will be charged at standard roaming or international call rates which can be viewed at: http://www.o2international.co.uk."

and

"1. Inclusive texts on Pay & Go simplicity can be used for texts made in the UK to 07 numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the five major operators O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone and 3, and providers such as Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile and BT Fusion), all provided that O2 may exclude from your inclusive allowance texts made to any number ranges which O2 reasonably believes are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share."

So it seems like calls/text made when abroad are not included.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Simplicity abroad

@Anonymous wrote:

So it seems like calls/text made when abroad are not included.

Hi PhilK

MeSW is spot on. Any calls, texts or data usage that you make while not in the UK is classed as roaming, and therefore will be charged at the roaming rates as per the above link.

However, as you are travelling to an EU country (Spanish island) then you can benefit from a free bolt on we now offer called O2 Travel. Call customer services free from your contract mobile phone (before you go abroad) by dialling 202 and check that this is added to your tariff if not, they can add this for you giving you cheaper calls and text message rates while abroad.

For more information about the O2 Travel bolt on - click the below link

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/o2-travel

Have a lovely holiday! Smiley Happy