Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do I need to insert a new sim before I text 20220 as it says on the sim packaging to text 20220 from the number you'll use on your phone which is hopefully the number on the old sim as the idea is to keep the old number. It might not be complicated but it is confusing to my thought process.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@pedrobedro 

You only need to sim swap if you need a different size sim card.

If your new phone takes the same size card, just use the old sim in it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

pedrobedro
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I'll try that later if the helpline doesn't get back to me. I am having problems as I tried to change my sim last week and somehow the agent managed to transfer the new sim number onto my old sim and left me on my old contract with the wrong number which was exactly the opposite of what was supposed to be happening.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Only customer services can help you now then as your old number would have been disconnected.
Suggest you call rather than chat too http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

pedrobedro
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's a new contract not just a phone change.They sent me a sim and the website will not recognise the serial number so I tried to do it by text and it all went downhill from there. A sales agent got me back on air with my old number and sim but the 4G is not working on it .
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@pedrobedro wrote:
It's a new contract not just a phone change.

Still no need to change sim cards if it's the same size.

The contract is updated on your account. The sim just replicated that.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

pedrobedro
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That would have saved me a lot of grief but it was not presented as an option. 4G was on my phone but it is now in limbo till the old account is closed and the new one is activated. Someone is supposed to be calling me back but has not done so yet. I'll wait a bit and see what happens, they are talking about compensating me for the inconvenience they've caused, I was on the phone for almost 4 hours on Saturday being shunted from one department to another just to make my phone usable again.

Huawei Honor 8x
Message 9 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@pedrobedro The chances of anyone calling you back are slim. It shouldn't be that way, but you chasing it up will probably get a better result and take less time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 12