Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do I need to insert a new sim before I text 20220 as it says on the sim packaging to text 20220 from the number you'll use on your phone which is hopefully the number on the old sim as the idea is to keep the old number. It might not be complicated but it is confusing to my thought process.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

She called me back yesterday but I had to wait for another sim as the replacement they sent me had been canceled as my old one was reactivated. It all sounds complicated but I don't know how they work so I'll give her till tomorrow and then try again. Thanks for the help everyone and I'll get back when it's sorted.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 11 of 12

pedrobedro
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got fed up waiting for the call back and rang 202 and an agent asked me about what had happened and what I wanted to do. I explained and he asked if I had my new sim to hand and using the serial number he sorted it and told me to keep using the old sim till it stopped working. I was on emergency calls only this morning so I fitted the new sim and everything is working including 4G. The previous agent did call me last night at 8.00pm and checked what had been done. She told me I have £30 credited to my account. I'm just happy that my phone is working and I am on the £6 sim only deal I signed up for. Thanks for humouring me and answering my thread and have a good rest of the week all of you.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 12 of 12