Did you mean: 

Sim only

Muzzyramos4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So as the live chat is down for me.
My contract is finishes on the 21st may 2018 but they want to keep charging me full rate for some reason. I want a sim only deal now someone please help
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you contract is up you can 'upgrade' to a sim only 30 day or 12 month plan on my02 or though customer service.

If you are currently on refresh (separate tarrif and device plan) the device plan will finish and you'll move to a rolling 30 day contract at current tarrif plan rate if you do nothing . If you are on a non refresh contract the whole monthly price will move to rolling 30 days, if you do nothing.

If you are going the my02 route it's upgrade not change tarrif.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you contract is up you can 'upgrade' to a sim only 30 day or 12 month plan on my02 or though customer service.

If you are currently on refresh (separate tarrif and device plan) the device plan will finish and you'll move to a rolling 30 day contract at current tarrif plan rate if you do nothing . If you are on a non refresh contract the whole monthly price will move to rolling 30 days, if you do nothing.

If you are going the my02 route it's upgrade not change tarrif.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Muzzyramos4 this isn’t o2 you are talking to so you need to call 202 and choose the option that says “I’m thinking of leaving” to speak to the recontract team. 

They will change you to the sim only contract of your choice and go through your options with you. 

You won’t even need a new SIM card as it can all be done on the computer for you. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is recontract newspeak for retentions?
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is recontract newspeak for retentions?

Yes it is. It means the same in O2 language.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
To define "new" one needs to know when the old new stopped being new and became old wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Muzzyramos4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Its done guys thanks so much
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well done and welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Excellent news @Muzzyramos4. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9