cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking Network Coverage in TS14

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a month now the, frankly atrocious, 'coverage' in Guisborough has been even worse giving sporadic drop outs and interesting texts taking up to four hours to arrive.  This, in addition to the fact that the area does not have access to 3G services despite 'half the world' now using 4G.  As usual we are subsidising the people receiving 4G signals.

IF, (notice the capital letters) the 2G service was reliable there might be some compensation in this situation but the reality is that the service is below standard.

'Customer Service' is of no help whatsoever, simply applying the standard platitudes to keep us in contract and being milked to support the 4G programme elsewhere in the country.  When questioned as to the potential roll out of 3G and reliable 2G service the answer is 'soon'.  I have been told 'soon' for over two years!  Please quantify 'soon'.

What is the difficulty in publishing their schedule of developement?  We would at least know where we stood.  

Ah, the rhetorical question.  We know why.  There is no immediate possibility of 3G here and O2 know that if that were to become public knowledge, customers would leave in droves as 3G is available from other network providers.

The response to poor 2G is that 'we are working on it'.  No hint of what the issue may be.  the fact that the mast is very isolated with respect to the area it 'serves' could be one factor.  No wonder the signal is poor - it has a long way to travel.  Poor thing, it is worn out by the time it gets to your handset.

I am a long term customer of O2, having used their network when it was 'CellNet', but my misplaced loyalty is being stretched to its limit.  I have a smart phone.  I should like to enjoy the smart phone services for which I pay a premium.  I do not expect to have to put up with intermittent, 1980's analogue style, dumb phone service.

I would have communicated this to O2 by text................................ but they would not have received it until tomorrow.

I know I am not alone.

Come on O2, come clean, tell the public the truth.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

From what you're saying, it sounds as if it wouldn't matter which network you were with, if there's no nearby mast. I can undertand why you would feel exasperated by all this, but as this is a customer forum, there's little else anyone here can do, apart from sympathise with your situation. Cold comfort, I know, but there really is no other route except the complaints procedure.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

The coverage in TS7-0?? Nunthorpe, and TS9-5?? Stokesley isn't too 'hot' either... I'm one of the guys 'eagerly awaiting' 4G rollout for the Middlesbrough area, to fix my issues (which I got I text indicating it would be 1st October, but is now over three weeks 'late'

My coverage at Nunthorpe, was rock solid 3G back in April or May, but dropped to nearer rock solid 2G with bursts of 3G... and well... Stokesley... The base station here is only 2G capable, so no 3G here, and probably wont see 3G or 4G in Stokesley for quite a while 😞

Unless you're in Middlesbrough town centre O2 coverage around Teesside is generally pretty shoddy! ... Drive 17 miles to Darlington, and you'll find its great though!!

I know that my '30 day notice date' is less than a month and a half away, so I've been trying some PAYG sims from other networks, so if I want to 'jump ship' at least I've had a 'try before you buy'  ... I'm quite impressed by Virgin's (EE Virtual MNVO) coverage, and price plans they will offer me on Sim_Only

Oh... @Toby    Re my PM... Any news from the back office network team on this please?

Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interrrrresting..............

To use the words of Arte Johnson.

It seems that O2 are destroying everything around our area.  Good to know about EE.

I too have tried some PAYG Sims.  Vodafoo is borderline despite having a mast in the town and EE suggests that their coverage is appropriate.

We shall see.

I, and others, have taken the complaints route (on a number of occasions now) and have got precisely..........

Nowhere.

O2 don't give a damn.  They are coining it in.

They always say that they are performing maintenance on 'the mast'.  After so many instances of 'maintenance' I cannot beleive that this is the actual reason.  

Either the electronics used are of dubious quality or the 'engineers' involved are totally inept................

Very interesting about Stokesley (for those south of Watford, Stokesley is another, similar town about 12 miles from us) as it would appear that the issues there share a similar schedule to 'our' problems.

Message 23 of 23