Did you mean: 

Samsung S20 pre-order free Samsung Galaxy Buds+

MarcD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I just pre-ordered the S20 ultra with the free Galaxy Buds+ and the delivery time is up to 5 weeks on the device.

I read the terms and conditions on the offer and thought you get a voucher to claim the earbuds but looking into it on here now it sounds like you have to claim the earbuds through the Samsung app on the new device.

"Gift to be redeemed between 00:01 on 10th March 2020 – 12th April 2020 via Samsung by following instructions given on redemption voucher at time of pre-order."

Well with the delivery time being up to 5 weeks I feel like the time to claim them on the app will run out before I get the device... is there a voucher I get to claim them or is it through the app? Is it just hard luck if I get the device after the date ends? Part of the reason I ordered it is because I wanted the Buds+

what can I do?

Thanks you.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

AlexH95
Level 3: Thinker
  • 73 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Spoke with o2 as above the Ear bud promotion is valid until 31st may, spike with Samsung who confirmed.

Anyone who orders Feb 18 or later will not get it on release week (Ultra) they will dispatch from 31st March onwards they have a window of estimated deliveries 1st to 4th April.

Samsung said the stores will have stock allocated on release day so might be worth cancelling and getting to a store early those who don't want to wait
Message 11 of 18

Stagpole
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have preordered S20 Ultra as an upgrade primarily to get buds 2. If I miss the claim date because of o2 delay... I will cancel upgrade and terminate my account... I have 4 o2 active accounts and was considering closing the upgrade account away, until I saw the buds 2 offer.

Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Stagpole 

The free buds offer is fulfilled by Samsung, not O2 and they have extended the deadline until the end of May as they recognise the supply issues are caused by Samsung themselves.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxys-preorder/

Claim through the Samsung Members App on your new device between 10.03.20 - 31.05.20. You'll need to provide proof of purchase
when prompted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Markb1963
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got my S20 plus yesterday and went to claim my free buds but did not have proof of purchase so rang o2 help and they said they will send out proof of purchase email after 14 day cooling off period, until then you cannot claim the buds.

Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Markb1963 

Samsung will accept the order details page from the "my orders" section of your account, just press on the order number to open the order details page.

You can press print order details at the bottom and then save as a PDF instead of printing and upload the PDF or a screen shot should do as well.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 18

Markb1963
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will they accept it even though it says pending even though I have the phone.

o2 said they have done it like this to stop people claiming the buds then sending the phone back.

Thanks

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Markb1963 wrote:

o2 said they have done it like this to stop people claiming the buds then sending the phone back.

Thanks

That's true. People have been known to send a device back within the 14 day change of mind policy and keep the promo gift.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Markb1963 wrote:

Thanks

Others have used that method and had claims accepted.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 18