cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM swap not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just bought an iPhone 5s on Pay and Go (text and web). My old phone was a Samsung Galaxy and so in the shop they gave me a new nano SIM and got the SIM swap process going. Nothing happened after 24 hours (old phone still active and new phone showing No Service). I then tried SIM swap via the O2 website, have since been back to the shop who gave me another SIM, and tried 20220!! The shop said if the new SIM doesn't work they'll replace the iPhone next!!

Can anyone help? To me this feels a computer/systems issue rather than a physical phone issue.

Ta.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally worked after four attempts.

I believe the text 'SWAP' to 20220 was the one that finally did it.  You need your new SIM number to hand.  It still took a long time, but was within the 24 hours.  I started the process at about 3p.m., I got impatient and tried again at midnight and got a text saying existing SIM swap was in progress and to try again after 24 hours Smiley Embarassed.  But this morning all had been swapped slight_smile

Not sure why it took four attempts, but think the 20220 approach was the one that worked.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If your old sim is still working then therein lies the problem. The sim swap hasn't gone through. Try submitting it again or call customer service.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed. I'm now on attempt no.4!

I'm assuming it can't be the new phone or SIM as the old one is still working.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My husband and I have been trying for days to this, I'm getting worried now!
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It must be a system issue...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband and I have been trying for days to this, I'm getting worried now!

Then if something isnt working you need to ring CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally worked after four attempts.

I believe the text 'SWAP' to 20220 was the one that finally did it.  You need your new SIM number to hand.  It still took a long time, but was within the 24 hours.  I started the process at about 3p.m., I got impatient and tried again at midnight and got a text saying existing SIM swap was in progress and to try again after 24 hours Smiley Embarassed.  But this morning all had been swapped slight_smile

Not sure why it took four attempts, but think the 20220 approach was the one that worked.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good news and thanks for the update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

At last ....a long time but it's done now wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie