cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM only contract cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a SIM only 12 month contract which ends on 15th April 2015.

If I wanted to cancel it do they charge a penalty?

Thanks

Zoe

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Yes, it is the monthly charge multiplied by the number of months left minus any bolt ons.

I should give you a figure in your My O2 or you can call CS on 202 for a figure.

Live chat is also an option but they are not well renowned for reliabilty http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Yes, it is the monthly charge multiplied by the number of months left minus any bolt ons.

I should give you a figure in your My O2 or you can call CS on 202 for a figure.

Live chat is also an option but they are not well renowned for reliabilty http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like everyone else said if ur in contract and u cancel u get a early disconnection fee, but if u don't mind me asking why do u wanna cancel?

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Some with more explanation than others. I think most people want to cancel due to the terrible connection issues. Yet again there is a mast down in BL2, the sixth time in 34 months with more work in the are on the 13th according to the status page. Thankfully I'm on a 30 day contract and a move to another network will be on the cards on my return from Thailand in February.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

have a little faith @jonsie ...a lot of people take out sim only and then a few weeks later a phone they like comes out but they cant afford to buy it sim free and they want to be able to get it, but they r in contract.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Perhaps you can confirm or deny, but I was under the impression that being over 3 months into a 12 month Simplicity contract that you could upgrade anytime?

Message 6 of 6