cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying my bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have recently opened an O2 account and have a new handset.
I have just received details of my first bill and a link to view my bills.
maybe I am missing something here but I can't seem to pay bill online (this is how I payed for my 2 previous contracts on Vodafone for the past 4 years)
Just a phone number to pay over the phone which I have phoned a few times but hung up because I don't have the time to sit on hold.
surely there is an option to pay online?
Luckily I am still within my 14 day period where I can return the phone.
I'm afraid this is what I will be doing if there is no way to pay online....
any help would be appreciated
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Easiest way to pay online is via My O2. Open your latest bill and you see the link to make a payment.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick response.
Both the my o2 app and the my o2 section of the website direct me to the phone number....also it says I will be charged for the call.....
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144402 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If you have just taken a new contract surely you have a DD set up?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I am aware of.
also I want to pay the bill when I know the money is available in my account.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

O2 PAY BILL Alt WAYS.

If your My02 is not working or for some reason a direct debit has failed these are the alternatives to pay your 02 Bill.

How do I pay my bill?
1. Click Here and sign in to My O2

Click 'Pay Your Bill' under the 'My bill summary' section
Follow the easy step by step instructions

You can also pay using our automated payment line.

Call 2729 from your mobile or ring or 0800 588 4217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay.

You can also pay using our automated payment line. Call 0844 8090202 or 202 from your O2 mobile and choose option 1.3.

Please Note: Important.

If you normally pay your Monthly 02 Bill by Direct Debit, this may still be requested from your bank, if you make a payment within 48 hours of its due date.
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144402 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Not that I am aware of.
also I want to pay the bill when I know the money is available in my account.

How and where was the contract taken?

You can call CS to change the date the DD is taken.

From the T&C's:

You must pay the Charges for the Services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. Your inclusive allowances cover standard mainland UK calls, texts and data. Special numbers and services are not included. Please see our Tariff Terms and Website for more details about Charges outside your allowances. We may charge interest or fees if you're late in paying. You have to pay by direct debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we'll let you use the Services. We may increase or decrease our other prices from time to time. Some increases would give you the right to end your Agreement without paying the Monthly Subscription Charges for the remaining months of your Minimum Period, however if you've taken Equipment on a Hardware Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 5 of the Agreement.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said before the my o2, whether it is the app or on a Web browser just direct me to the phone number that says will charge me to sit on hold for half an hour
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried the info in my reply ?
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's fine I will just have to return the phone and go look somewhere else.
funny how something as simple as paying a bill online can be so complicated.
maybe it's me being awkward but it's the way I have paid my phone bills for over 4 years.
Message 10 of 13