Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Europe

philo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I am over in Belgium/Holland quite frequently and today my account has suddenly "You've now hit your 50MB/£48 roaming data limit". I've only just upgraded my contract and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. I called CS and they say that there is an issue there end, which they hope to get fixed.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
There have been quite a few issues with roaming data reported recently.
Keep checking with customer service until they fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

philo
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok, will do. Thank you
Message 3 of 17

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 4 of 17

CAM
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Currently in Norway, inside the Euro zone (as far as mobiles go) received texts today saying I was over the 50MB cap on data and then , after I increased the limit to 200MB, another saying I had gone over the 200MB limit and have now turned off mobile data !!! Not good, I have at least 15GB data available on my account at the moment.

Having called CS, they were no help really,  just saying try again later, But at least acknowledged there was a problem.  

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

This is now getting absolutely ridiculous. They appear to have sorted out Travel Exclusive and now people are being messed about whilst travelling in Europe!!.

@Martin-O2an explanation from O2 would be very helpful.

I hope everyone who is being charged for additional data are going to be refunded. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Scooty997
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just to add - O2 Travel inclusive zone is completely broken. I have had to resort to a £15 pay as you go 3 sim in the US because my o2 travel inclusive zone is so slow it won’t even load google unless it’s like 2 in the morning no matter the location and if it’s 3/4G. £40 a month I spend, can’t use the internet in the US like I could on my iPhone 4 on Vodafone in 2011...
Message 7 of 17

CAM
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so back on line again after 6 hours. . . no explanation or notification. . . .

Message 8 of 17

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

This really isn't good O2, in fact you should be embarrassed. Just what is going on?

Message 9 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys I'll raise this one with the team now to see if they are aware of any issues. I may need some details from those affected and will be in touch if so! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 17