cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charge changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a relatively small data allowance as mainly use home and work WiFi, but enjoy the £1.99 O2 travel when I am away. 

Does anyone know if, under the new changes, 02 travel will continue to kick in once my data allowance is used up while abroad. Or if we will be charged for extra data at the same rate as we are when at home and all data used up? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If you go over your total data allowance in our Europe Zone, you can add a Bolt On - the options and cost are the same as if you were in the UK. If you add a Bolt On and don’t use all the data before heading back to the UK, you’ll still be able to use it when you get home. And if you add a Bolt On in the UK, you’ll also be able to use it in our Europe Zone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If you go over your total data allowance in our Europe Zone, you can add a Bolt On - the options and cost are the same as if you were in the UK. If you add a Bolt On and don’t use all the data before heading back to the UK, you’ll still be able to use it when you get home. And if you add a Bolt On in the UK, you’ll also be able to use it in our Europe Zone.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Anonymous How are you doing? Welcome to the forum! Wave Did you get all the info you needed? Any additional questions? slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for your help!

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marjo, I wonder if I can just clarify things with you as I already have the O2 Travel bolt-on. After tomorrow, when I'm in Europe zone any calls/text/data I use will be taken from my regular allowance first and the bolt-on will only kick in when all of that has been used up? Is this correct?

Many thanks

Paul

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Marjo, I wonder if I can just clarify things with you as I already have the O2 Travel bolt-on. After tomorrow, when I'm in Europe zone any calls/text/data I use will be taken from my regular allowance first and the bolt-on will only kick in when all of that has been used up? Is this correct?

Many thanks

Paul

The O2 travel bolt on is now defunct for EU countries.

New rules are detailed here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous good morning, take a look at MI5's link above. Let us know if it's all clear now or if you have additional questions? slight_smile Cheers

Which country are you off to by the way? slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks MI5, all clear now.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144393 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Many thanks MI5, all clear now.

Happy to help slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8