cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Pay As You Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I switched tariffs from the old tariff "Text Anytime" To "Classic Pay As You Go" on 23/12/2016.

After moving tariffs I came across the following web page - http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go .

On the web page it states and I quote: "If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected".

I have already had two Live Chats with O2 Customer Services about this and they seem to think (as do I) that the info about being disconnected "If you don't top up" etc.. is in error.

Please note, the info on the web page above isn't talking about customers being disconnected if they don't carry out some form of chargeable activity (text/phone call etc...) within a 6 month period. I was already aware of that. That also applied to my old Text Anytime tariff.

It has been a while since I had the Live Chats with O2 Customer Services and there is still no sign of this web page being amended.

Could someone from O2 possibly give me a definitive answer and let me know if this matter is being looked into as I don't want to lose my existing credit.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Gary

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Don't hold your breath for o2 to update any web page.
There's info on there that is old, out of date and just plain wrong.
The requirement for any PAYG tariff is a chargeable call every 6 months and a top up every 999 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Don't hold your breath for o2 to update any web page.
There's info on there that is old, out of date and just plain wrong.
The requirement for any PAYG tariff is a chargeable call every 6 months and a top up every 999 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. You've put my mind at rest re the 999 days for Top Ups. Apparently the O2 staff I had the Live Chats with weren't even aware of that.

Cheers, Gary

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Section 7 of the standard PAYG T&C's http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read but I don't think you'll find the 999 day rule written anywhere.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That's ok. Thanks for the pointer. I just hope their T&Cs aren't as out of date/wrong as the PAYG web page I referred to.

Cheers, Gary

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Half the time live chat don't have any up to date knowledge of what they're talking about
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That thought had crossed my mind. Don't know

Message 7 of 12

ashleybristol1
  • 35 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i should try ring customers services in the morning to find out about this 

Message 8 of 12

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Sorry to bring a old thread up but my mum is on talkmobile(payg) which is now shutting down on august 31st I have ordered her a classic payg sim does anyone if she has got to top up every 6 months or will a phone call keep her credit and number alive thank you
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Phone call or text every 6 months and a top up every 999 days.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12