Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh on 36 month contract

Brendysplace
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was wondering if anyone could confirm if the trade-in to upgrade option is still available on the new 36 month contracts, and if so, could I still trade-in to upgrade after 12months or would I have to wait longer? Can’t find much on the 36 month contracts and the refresh info doesn’t answer the question. About to go from an iPhone X to an XS MAX and thinking of any future upgrades already. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The 12 month upgrade on us deal has been withdrawn but standard refresh rules apply so you can clear your device plan and upgrade at anytime https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Brendysplace

Have you read this info here about custom plans?

https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans

Its a lot to read.... though it does state you can 'Upgrade anytime once you have paid off your device plan'

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The 12 month upgrade on us deal has been withdrawn but standard refresh rules apply so you can clear your device plan and upgrade at anytime https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Brendysplace
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks guys. I was afraid they had removed the ‘upgrade on us’ deal. I’ll have to have a long, hard think about what refresh deal will be best for me if I’m hoping to upgrade again in a year. Paying the remaining 24months of a 36 month device plan might be a bit too pricey. Cheers again.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, that certainly is a risk to consider now.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5