Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Upgrade

robbbie85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Basically my old device completely died on Sunday. I went into the O2 shop to get it all sorted, at first I thought they might repair it, but that seemed like it would be prohibitively expensive. So at that point I just wanted a new device and didn't really appreciate the position I was in and that I had more options open to me than O2.

I thought the new plan was expensive when I was in the shop, but it did seem like one of the cheapest ones available to me from O2. So I went ahead and upgraded with them. Since coming home and going online and shopping around, I can see there are many cheaper deals out there for the same device, but even shorter contracts and more data.

I'm well within my 14 days cancellation and I now have my PAC code, so I'm just going to go back to the shop and return it. I have phoned O2, but they don't seem too interested about negotiating a better price (it's half price elsewhere, even with Vodafone as service provider).

I'm just wondering if there's anything I've missed? I would probably stay with O2 if they met me halfway, but like I say they don't seem interested when I speak to them on the phone.

Thanks,

Rob

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38405 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Persistence, that word again - you are right, @robbbie85 h this should not be as difficult as O2 make it. 

Joined-up thinking not their strong point 🤷

Well done getting it sorted, hours you will never get back, alas.

Message 11 of 12

robbbie85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks PGN.

Despite the long drawn out affair, long term I'm very glad to be rid of O2, so it's worth it and I'm saving over 50% on my new contract. I know that a lot of these companies are the same, but I was surprised through all this and checking Trustpilot they have a 1.2 rating whereas Vodafone, who I've switched to, are 4.4 which I only learnt after the switch.

Message 12 of 12