Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving text messages

Nigel600
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve recently migrated my number from Vodafone, Some texts are coming to my new O2 account ok but some others are still going to my old Vofafone sim that I can see on my old phone....I’ve made sure my correct number is in my settings, why are not all of my incoming text messages coming to my new O2 account? For info I’m now using IPhone SE.....please help if possible!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23115 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Nigel600 If you ported your number from Vodafone your old sim should have stopped working. Text messages are usually the last function to port over.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144512 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@Nigel600 

Sign out of iCloud on your old device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Kode
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Try turning both your phones Off/On and check the Vodafone is still working. If your old Vodafone is still working the porting of your number has not completed. Check your number used in your new iPhone for iMessages and this is why some messages are been received from other iPhone users. I would call O2 and check the porting of your number from Vodafone and the best time to call 08:00 in the morning.
Message 4 of 4