cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process for retaining my number when joining 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always get nervous about the Proventil of losing my mobile number and since I’ve been sim only for about 6 years and I’m considering a contract just want to check the process for retaining my number.

1 ring up current network and get pac code

2 place order via the comparison site that offers best deal

3 new phone arrives with new sim card

4 fill in keep your mobile number web form on 02 website

5 wait for current old sim to go dead and insert new sim

is that the process in full?

Question about the webform

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form

Where is ask which phone do I enter the new phone? 

Where it asks the mobile number do I enter the “new” temporary number or my old number I wish to keep?

since I cannot proceed past page one of this form as I haven’t placed an order yet what else will it ask me? Does this form ask me for the pac code?

thanks 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144297 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

All explained here and you need the "keep my number" form.
Look under switching from another network to o2 and make sure you use the correct form as the wrong one is a common mistake https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Phone type is your new phone (it's important for the type of data tariff) and the phone number is your curent number. You'll be asked for the number to keep and PAC later.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144297 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

All explained here and you need the "keep my number" form.
Look under switching from another network to o2 and make sure you use the correct form as the wrong one is a common mistake https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Phone type is your new phone (it's important for the type of data tariff) and the phone number is your curent number. You'll be asked for the number to keep and PAC later.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Have a look here @Anonymous

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Just use the drop down menu boxes in that link and it will explain clearly what needs to be done

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, I did look at that page before posting but just couldn’t be sure what phone and number they were referring to, so basically the new number and new phone is the answer 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144297 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The number request on the first page is a number to contact you on and the phone type to be used is important for the data tariff (which they usually get wrong anyway) so as long as you get the PAC details and your number to keep correct later on it can all be sorted out after, if necessary.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5