Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transferring number

wrighto
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Moved to o2 on 9/10/, was told that my number from my previous provider would be transfered accross on 10/10 having given them a PAC code on the 9/9 when I bought the contract and phone. 

Lost signal on old phone and sim on 10/10 at around midday, but still not got the correct number on my new phone. Spoke to Live Chat evening of 10/10 "there has been a technical problem, so I have refered your case to the 'back office team' expect a response within 24hrs........

annoyed is an understatement, not just becasue I need my phone for work purposes too!! 

Anybody also had this problem and how quickly can it be fixed?? Any advice welcome! 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @wrighto I've heard back and your old number should be up and running now. If not, please drop me a message with a contact number you can be reached on so our Guru team can give you a call. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143434 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck (you'll need it) !
Keep rebooting your phone until it comes online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Of you still have problems please call and speak to a customer service adviser, live chat don't know what day it is. Account issued are complex and they don't always follow through on promises. Best time to call is around 8.30am.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 3 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @wrighto I've heard back and your old number should be up and running now. If not, please drop me a message with a contact number you can be reached on so our Guru team can give you a call. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

TGB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just left EE after a long and happy relationship due to being offered a goid deal for my new phone with O2. On Thursday I obtained my PAC number and completed the online transfer request. It was before 5.30pm so the transfer should have taken place on Friday. 

Nothing happended so I contact a “guru” via Live Chat to findout what was hapoening. I was eventually told that there was no request showing on my account and that I must have completed the online form incorrectly. I am not an idiot and can complete forms - it wasn’t the most daunting of forms! It also transpires that my wife, who bought her new phone at the same time as me, had also completed her firm incorrectly as her request didn’t show either!

As the transfer didn’t take place I have had to request it again and, due to if being Saturday, I am told that the transfer cannof take place until next Tuesday! He new phone is of no use to me without having my number on it so I am now paying for something that I can’t use for 5 or 6 days.

There is obviously a fault with the O2 system if transfer requests just disappear! Great start O2! Is this a sign of things to come?

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TGB 

How annoying that delay must be. Smiley Frustrated

If it's not completed by Monday. I would avoud avoid live chat and speak to someone in customer services.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143434 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The online form doesn’t seem to have been working for a while now so always advisable to actually call and speak to customer service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7