Did you mean: 

Problem with O2

Bennicut
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon,

I am hoping to get some help resolving my issue with O2.

In June I took out a 2nd contract for a P40 Pro which I ended up returning after a week during its cooling off period. I expected some form of charge which ended up being around £65.00 on top of my other contract. I called and they advised me to pay it as it would sort itself out the following month when my bill was generated again.

I spoke to O2 and they offered me the SIM ONLY 100GB for £20 deal which I took out but during the follwing week I was offered a sim only deal with my new tv package so I called O2 and asked for advice about cancelling during the cooling off period which they basically old me cos I was telling them on my 14th day of the contract I could cancel without the termination fee. The agent confirmed this with his supervisor while he put me on hold and told me that they may take the termination fee from me but to call and they will return this. They sent throught my PAC code and I switched over. 

Fast forward a few weeks and I got a bill for £139.00 but due to leaving O2 I couldn't view the bill to see what this was and the money was taken from my accout. 

I called the O2 customer services and got cut off twice before talking to an agent about my situation, she was in agreement with me that I was due a refund from my previous contact on the termination agreement. She l told me that because my bills were generated on the 14th of each month that I should see it return automatically on Sept 14th and if not to contact and they will arrange this.

Soooooooo.................. today..

I got in touch with O2 via chat and was told that I was due nothing back and my account was settled. Not being happy with the outcome they put me throught to the manager on chat but due to work starting and waiting for them to catch up with the request I had to leave the chat. I requested that the bills were sent through to my email address as I have no access to them since leaving O2 which he said he would do. 

My problem now is how can I move this forward? I wouldn't have switched to a new provider if the agent hadn't told me that I was fine to do so without the termination charge. I am now out of pocket for over £136 and I'm in no mans land.

Do I call again? Anyone have an email address I can contact anyone on? Chat just takes way too long and got me nowhere today.

Thanks in advance for your help 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bennicut 

You'd be better off calling.

Numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bennicut
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, amazingly quick response.

I will have to wait until tomorrow as I am at work until 10pm.

I will update once I have spoken to them.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're welcome @Bennicut 

If at all possible, try calling at 8,00am when it's quiet so as to avoid waiting in a queue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4