Did you mean: 

Porting problems - PLEASE HELP!!!

noblehua
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I decided to move my phone number of 22 years from 3 (been with them for 15 years) to O2 last Monday (14 March). Sent the PAAC code. Received the sim on Tuesday(15th), called O2 just to understand the process and gave them the PAAC code again. My 3 sim stopped functioning around 11am Wednesday 16th, immediately changed the sim card and restarted the phone. Porting did not happen:

Wed 16th 18.17 text from O2 customer services: Ive double checked the account and your old number is still busy transferring to the new sim card

Every day call and every day they assure me it will transfer by 6pm or within 24 hours

Yesterday visited an O2 store who put me through and the customer services said it will now be 3- 5 days which will make it possibly 10 days!!

Can't use my cards online.

Can't reset any of my online memberships that are tied to the number

If people call me on my normal number they get the message:

"You have called a wrong number. Please check the number and dial again" rather than tell ing them there is a problem please call later. Try explaining that to my 92 year old mother who has alziemers - causing her huge amount of anguish every time she tries to call me. 

Can't operate my business as can't tell everyone who might call me.

Absolutely at my wits end. 

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Rita57
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa please could you help my husband and I, as we are having terrible problems with number porting from 1p Minile to O2? Thanking you in advance. Rita and John

Message 21 of 42

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36446 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Rita57 wrote:

O2Lisa please could you help my husband and I, as we are having terrible problems with number porting from 1p Minile to O2? Thanking you in advance. Rita and John

@Rita57 - O2Lisa is off today, but I'll tag in @O2Emma who is on now, keep an eye out for her Private Message looking for some more information from you. Good luck!

Message 22 of 42

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 23 of 42

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Rita57 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 24 of 42

fabiodi27
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma I’d really appreciate your help, I too am having problems porting my number over to o2. Completed the form on Monday at midday, and was advised as it’s before 5pm it would take place the next working day. Nothing happened on Tuesday, so in the afternoon I called customer services. The agent checked the temporary number, the number I wanted to keep and took the SSN. She confirmed it was already in the system and will go ahead on Wed 14th. 
On Wednesday 14th my Vodafone sim stopped working, but my number hasn’t ported onto the o2 SIM card, still the temporary o2 number works. When trying to call my existing number you get “you’ve dialled an incorrect number”. Spoke to customer services this afternoon who assured me all will be sorted by tonight. I contacted you back at 7pm tonight to be advised there is now an issue due to the number being deactivated? It was yourselves at o2 that took the number over, and stopped my existing sim from working I haven’t been in touch with Vodafone during the move, so how this is possible I do not know. 
I was asked to contact Vodafone to reinstate the number, when I did, Vodafone tried to reactivate the number but said they were unable to as yourselves at o2 took over the number on Wed 14th and it’s a porting issue on your side. I was then advised by your team to wait another 24 hours to see what happens? I really need my number up and running again as quick as possible, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

Message 25 of 42

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @fabiodi27 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 26 of 42

Rav27
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa can you please help me with my porting issues as well?

I renewed my Virgin BB and mobile contract with Virgin and they upgraded me to an O2 sim.

I have a text from O2 saying my old Virgin mobile number should have been ported on 12 Jan 2023 but after 7 frustrating days trying to contact O2 support I'm no further.  I've been told twice the number will be ported by end of day and it hasn't happened.  Everytime I call, they also cannot locate my account as it appears to be on a different system that seems to be having technical issues and support cannot access my account/sim details.   I'm at my wits end.  I really hope you can help me.

Thanks

Ravi

Message 27 of 42

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36446 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Rav27 wrote:

Hi O2Lisa can you please help me with my porting issues as well?

I renewed my Virgin BB and mobile contract with Virgin and they upgraded me to an O2 sim.

I have a text from O2 saying my old Virgin mobile number should have been ported on 12 Jan 2023 but after 7 frustrating days trying to contact O2 support I'm no further.  I've been told twice the number will be ported by end of day and it hasn't happened.  Everytime I call, they also cannot locate my account as it appears to be on a different system that seems to be having technical issues and support cannot access my account/sim details.   I'm at my wits end.  I really hope you can help me.

Thanks

Ravi

It is @O2Emma this evening, @Rav27 - keep an eye out for her message and good luck!

Message 28 of 42

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 29 of 42

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Rav27 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 30 of 42