Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone and O2 Travel

_CJ_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will be using my phone in Bermuda which I note is in the O2 Travel Zone for £6/day. I have the Travel Inclusive Zone bolt-on.

My question, if anyone is able to help, is do I also need to activate O2 Travel to benefit from the fixed-price unlimited data in Bermuda, or do I already get that with the Inclusive Travel Zone bolt-on? 

Different pages/paragraphs on the O2 website led me to different conclusions, so I tried to add the O2 Travel bolt-on which My O2 offers, but was warned it was not compatible with the Standard Rates in Europe Zone bolt-on and that would be removed.

Confused 😕

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38236 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@_CJ_ 

The Standard Rates in Europe Bolt-on is really superceded as O2 offer European Roaming as standard on all tariffs, PAYG and PayMonthly. That bolt-on can be removed with no change to how roaming in Europe is charged.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/clear-and-confusion-free-roaming-with-virgin-media-o2/

Also Guide: Roaming MegaGuide covers all options.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@_CJ_ 

Travel inclusive gives you free use Using Your Phone Abroad → O2 Travel Search Tool | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

pgn
  • 38236 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@_CJ_ 

The Standard Rates in Europe Bolt-on is really superceded as O2 offer European Roaming as standard on all tariffs, PAYG and PayMonthly. That bolt-on can be removed with no change to how roaming in Europe is charged.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/clear-and-confusion-free-roaming-with-virgin-media-o2/

Also Guide: Roaming MegaGuide covers all options.

Message 3 of 5

DanaElena7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How does this bolton works if it us active? Will I be charged the 6 gbp a day also in the uk or only abroad?

Message 4 of 5

pgn
  • 38236 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

The O2 Travel Bolt-On only operates when in any country in the list of 63 countries shown. It won't activate in the UK or the EU, @DanaElena7 

If O2 Travel Inclusive Zone isn't part of your current plan you can still enjoy communication while abroad by adding the O2 Travel Bolt On to your account. For £6 per day Bolt On grants you unlimited minutes, texts, and data roaming access in 63 destinations worldwide.

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/o2-travel

Message 5 of 5