Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number to o2

mixthecoffee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I ported my old number when I first signed up, provided my PAC number. I have my new o2 Sim card, Nothing anywhere shows my number is porting or in progress!  When I call to request keep old number then prompted with "thanks for calling o2, good-bye". I've already been charged and not even using the service and my old service ends tonight.

I can't start using my sim card with a new number I want to keep my old one, How do I resolve this matter?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mixthecoffee 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Try this method:
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Or resubmit the form from here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

mixthecoffee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Did that got the same response.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mixthecoffee 

As said, 8.00am is the best time to call but meanwhile, submit the form again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

mixthecoffee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, I've resubmitted the form. I had to reissue the PAC code which also expires today.

Should I expect a text message from either party to confirm the number is transferring?
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mixthecoffee 

O2 will text you to the number you are keeping when they process your request, however, this may not be until tomorrow as ports don't happen over the weekend.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6