cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to share my poor service with you all. I will keep this brief.

My "24 month contract" is not actually a 24 month contract, its "we will keep charging you until 30 days after you cancel" contract. I expect a 24 month contract to ... end after 24 month perhaps?
Customer service is poor, the first agent "Jeremy" could barely string two sentances together, and did not understand the concept of a happy customer, and it had to be escalated to "John." Despite being a "supervisor" John could not solve my issue or provide me an explanation, yet came up with the same patronising comments time after time, and so here we are. Perhaps the Ombudsman, Facebook or other social media will attract O2's attention.

Extract:

richard: at 20:59:43
so, please refund this months bill, and cease charging me
richard: at 20:59:50
the contract has expired
Jeremy: at 21:01:13
It was lovely chatting with you slight_smile <-- ?????
Jeremy: at 21:01:13
Is there anything else I can help you with? <-- ?????
richard: at 21:01:29
please let me speak to your supervisor

I will not be recommending my friends or colleagues to use O2 in the future and I will actively seek reimbursment for the months charged after my contract ended which I did not verbally or in writing, agree to.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

perksie, judging by your unempathetic attitude/avatar I would imagine you are an O2 employee?

I have noticed that no O2 staff seem interested in my plight or retaining my business, despite my poor experiences with customer support and honest mistake.

Message 21 of 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

In support of what perksie has said, you can read it here:

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2011/07/customer-service-satisfaction-levels-revealed/

As I said earlier, when you find a mobile phone provider who deals with contracts the way you want them to be, come back and tell us.

Neither perksie or I are O2 employees. We are just customers like you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 34

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Your only "plight" is not knowing what you agreed to, this conversation is now closed as far as I'm concerned.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
Seems strange you could stop using your phone after 24 months but failed to let O2 know you wanted to end the contract.
You're completely wrong and have been told many times.
Do whatever you feel you have to do in complaint but you have no legal leg to stand on I'm afraid.
PS. I am neither an O2 employee, nor do I want my contract to self destruct after the minimum term.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 34

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
yet another post going round and round in circles
flagged for locking as no further assistance can be given from us customers trying to help all options are on page 1
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 25 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see little point in digressing any further.

As a customer I am dissatisfied at both the nature of the terms of the agreement and the poor customer service offered which ultimately leads me to abandon O2, and to not recommend them, and to pursue a complaint.

In my opinion customers should be given the option to auto renew, otherwise the contract length should be honoured. I also took the liberty of checking the purchase process on the website where no mention of "minimum contract length" is made until you reach the small print T&Cs. It is also my opinion that the customer should be treated with upmost respect and that mistakes sometimes are made on both parties, and where possible rectified.

Message 26 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you all ultimately fail to understand is that *I* am the customer, and the customer is always right. If you fail to understand that you fail to retain the business of not just myself, but that of my friends, family and colleagues, based on my experiences. The inherent problem with all large, disconnected, faceless companies such as O2.

Message 27 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
and that's exactly where you are wrong and why you won't get anywhere with this....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 28 of 34

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
As i said contact o2 this is just a customer self help community.

And trust me the customer is not always right and the t&c you agreed to are legal ignore it and it will affect your credit in future act on my advice on page 1 to stop this happening.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

You missed the point entirely, and I am confident O2 staff view these posts.

Message 30 of 34