Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Police took my phone as evidence

Loz_Koz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I havent had the pleasure of my phone usage since 080818 and have had to delete my DD for pay monthly tariff.. I tried to get a clone sim but that didnt work out either... Why should I pay for a service that I havent used t all since then as I have had to use a really old Sony Simian P910!! and a different pAYG number?  Eventually I will have my phone returned...

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Ashmatash
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to get one at the moment but it could be months before it’s returned at this point. 

Ill keep you posted on what happens 

Message 11 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Ashmatash I'll check with the team to confirm what the current process for dealing with these situations is. I'll grab a couple of details from you first via private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Martin-O2

It would be good to know how to advise people in this situation without going into specifics about this individual case. When you say that procedures are in place, is this something that can be shared or is it something that is confidential?

Message 13 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Martin-O2

It would be good to know how to advise people in this situation without going into specifics about this individual case. When you say that procedures are in place, is this something that can be shared or is it something that is confidential?

I agree @jonsie

It would be good to know the process. At the moment we are only giving basic advice.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @jonsie@Cleoriff when I originally asked about this one I was not given any further detail other then customer services have a process for such situations but I'll find out what I can share publicly and let you guys know for any future incidents of this nature. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2 It would be most helpful...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Cleoriff@jonsie I've received a bit more detail around how this process works which you can share for any future threads about similar issues. 

Customer services have a defined process for Police Retained Handsets which will make sure that customers are able to continue to use their account. A new sim or number could be provided however credit for line rental will not be provided. 

The options might vary so affected customers should always contact customer services to find out what their options are.  

signature

Message 18 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Thanks for that info @Martin-O2 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem at all @Cleoriffsmiling

signature

Message 20 of 20