cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call from 0800 111 6121 - O2 or a phisher?

KMaddisom90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

On Friday I received three phone calls from the number 0800 111 6121, claiming to be O2 and telling me that my bill is overdue by £10. I tried ringing the number back and it started asking me for my debit card number, at which point I hung up straight away. I've never received a call from this number before and I don't know if it genuinely is O2, so I'm not giving out my details until I know for sure. Some websites are saying its a scam while some say it really is O2.

Does anyone know?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/WARNING-dodgy-text-messages-claiming-to-be-from-...

This has come up before and @Toby confirmed the number was a legitimate o2 number. Please see link above
Message 11 of 21

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks piperdog123.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received a number of phone calls today from this number but i haven't answered. When i listened to my voicemail they are claiming to be o2 and saying that i'm overdue on my bill by £20. Luckily i knew i had paid my bill and it's up-to-date and i didn't pay the £20. If any of you get a call or message from these people it is a scam! I also received a text message which read as follows:

"Just to let you know your mobile bill's overdue by £20.00. To keep using it, call us free on 8001116121 to talk about it (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri). If calling from a landline please add a zero in front."

Please do not fall for this scam.Thank you.

Message 13 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

i received and email saying my account was overdue by 13.00  i logged on and there was nothing showing but my next bill was coming up so i assumed it was for that and then paid both my accounts off, today my son has been getting calls from this number saying his account is overdue and to give card details.   i wont be paying over phone unless i get a letter from them!

Message 15 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Check your my o2 by logging in directly here http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you say you got an email and you then logged in, did you click on a link in the email to log in?

Are you sure the email was legit @Jen262019? If you still have the email can you click on the address it came from and see what address it actually came from.
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

not very long ago i just had a miss phone from this number lucky i didnt answer but who are they the number is 08001116121

Message 18 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

We have had this before. A previous thread found it was O2 automated billing

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Phone-call-from-0800-111-6121-O2-or-a-phisher/td...

You need to check via MyO2 if you have anything outstanding...

Edited to add this info from @Toby 

If anyone ever has any outstanding amount, you should always call 2729 from your mobile or ring or 0800 588 4217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay for. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's definitely a scam! 

Last summer I had loads of texts and phone calls from them saying my bill is overdue with various amounts each time. It only happens when I'm away for summer for some reason. My phone has never been cut off like it has threatened to do about 5 times.

Message 20 of 21