Did you mean: 

Phone Repair lost in Transit?

MaddDogg24
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I had unfortunately had my phone damaged during a nasty rain storm I was caught in, and had arranged to have my phone sent back for Repair. I sent it back last Friday (5th Jan) in the same way I have before, small White box we have at work, wrapped in an anti static bubble bag, wrapped again in bubble wrap, and taped up 4 ways, and then a large document wallet on the top covering 3 of the seams, with the printable returns label inside. Now the last time I sent back my phone like this in November (LG G5, with the common Mic issue with the bottom detatchable bit the Battery clicks into) it was received by the Monday, and checked fixed and sent back out, being back in my hands Tuesday.  I've been tracking all week, but unfortunately O2 havn't received it back.  I spoke to one of the Guru's on Wednesday who told me to track with Royal Mail, despite me telling them I run a warehouse, so have access to sending goods via Royal Mail directly, and as its an untackable item, it's like finding a needle in a haystack.  My question is basically, is there anyway or would anyone know if my phone could be stuck in the repair depot, either not been looked at or misplaced?  I worked for Royal Mail for 9 years, and yes no one is perfect, but its very unusual for Parcels to go missing, especially ones going back on a pre paid label?  Knowing my recent luck this could well be the case, but when I spoke to the Guru's no one at any point said, we'll check and get back to me!  I deal with goods in and very rarely items can get mislaid, but in this case its purely mine or Royal Mails fault.  I know I could have upgraded at a post office to a special, but I don't work near an office, plus they're shut by the time I go home, and I've never had this problem before!  

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MaddDogg24
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hey guys! Unfortunately I've had a pretty hectic week so otherwise checked since Monday but as if by magic I had an email from Royal mail to say it's going to be hard to find etc and I checked again online with o2 and is miraculously turned up and is being looked at by an engineer as we speak!

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unless it shows up with O2 it sounds like you're out of luck.
It's not unknown for O2 to misplace items but without tracking details it's virtually impossible to know where it is.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MaddDogg24It's a pity you didn't send it via recorded delivery. 

I suppose all you can do is report it Lost or Stolen https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

Was it insured?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 23

MaddDogg24
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That is my fear unfortunately, with the possible cost of repair its probaby more prudent to upgrade, but its still an expensive Smart phone lost!!

Message 4 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Use the link above @MaddDogg24 to report it Lost or Stolen....As it's obviously one or the other...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 23

MaddDogg24
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff

I would normally have sent it via our courier, but as I'v enever had a problem with it I never thought about it!  And w ehave just changed our Bank Account, my insurance was with my recently closed account, so perfectly, fpr the past month its uninsured!  Like I said great recent luck!

Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Assuming you still have the sim, I wouldn't be reporting it lost just yet, in case it turns up again.
It won't help you find the phone and it's more pain to get it unblocked again if it shows up and gets repaired.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 23

MaddDogg24
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5  Makes sense, yes I'm using an old phone at the moment so I'm reachable.  Most claims with Royal Mail take 10 working days, so couldn't claim until week Friday anyway, so yes, I hang tight, and see what comes up!

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know how it goes please...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Assuming you still have the sim, I wouldn't be reporting it lost just yet, in case it turns up again.
It won't help you find the phone and it's more pain to get it unblocked again if it shows up and gets repaired.

Well it has been a week and @MaddDogg24 is getting nowhere. I know what I would be doing!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 23