Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom voicemails with voicemail off

Futaura
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ever since I moved to O2, and ported my existing number in, I've been regularly getting weird voicemails. The odd thing is that voicemail is off, I have set a PIN, am now using Call Alert, but I am still getting these phantom voicemails even when my phone is on!

The content of these messages ranges from apparently random electronic noise, sometimes up to 4 minutes long, to automated messages such as "you are connected to the audio test interface" and "the person you are calling is unable to take the call".

Any ideas???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Really weird that one!
Never heard of anything like it before but I suspect you’ll need to call someone in customer service to escalate the issue to the network team.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 4

Futaura
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not as far as I know. Can't see any relevant settings for broadcasting in Messaging/Messages. Am using a Sony Xperia XA1 Dual SIM running Android Oreo.
Message 4 of 4