cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go. You can pay, but you can never go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought O2 Pay & Go with the exact purpose to use it a year later abroad. I was asured in store that the Pay&Go phones are not locked for O2 mobile network. Being on holiday in Europe I had a problem with a local sim-card. On coming back I called the Customer Support and they say: No, no it's not us. It was that European network.
Now I am in the US, wasting a month for awaiting for unlocking details. Having been promised twice so far to check my email, spent hours chatting with agents just to be asked againn and again to top up and only than they will send me the unlocking details.
Eventually, I qiuted saying good bye to O2 and just feel sorry for wasting my time and money on roaming with them.
Every time I asked them to unlock my phone they asked me for new additional info, and then told me to wait for a week, then for a week and now more than 30 days later and an unfair request to top up 15 pounds maintaining balance (which I can't spend on anything. It should be there for yet another 7 days) I am still with a locked phone. I've just given up.
Stay away from O2. There are much better mobile networks in the UK.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5, I had 15 pounds on my account when I requested unlocking. It was confirmed. I was promised the code or whatever I would need to unlock and never got it. That is the issue. They promised me twice that I would get the details and I never did until they asked to top up again and again.
Message 31 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
steersey wasn't having a go at you - it's just a "figure of speech", maybe English isn't your first language so you didn't understand? Keep the £15 active on your account until the unlock is processed and you'll be fine wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Nadya? Where did that come from.......

Message 33 of 33