cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid O2 refresh fee, still being billed on old Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

On 22 Sept I paid the Refresh fee to upgrade to an Iphone 6 and change contract. I was under the impression this Refresh fee would be paying of the remainder of my old contract minus the one remaining bill I had left. I then paid my remaining bill on the 29/09. 

Since then I have been waiting for Iphone 6 to be delivered and for my new contract to begin etc. The iPhone 6 has still not arrived and thus my new contract has not started.

I have now today had another bill created on the old tariff? This is despite me paying off this old tariff when I paid the Refresh fee. Surely I wouldn't need to pay for this month again? (with the exception of any additional charges outside of the normal bill amount) 

I am finding this very confusing and I still believe this bill must have been created in error. The 202 line were not helpful at all and were unable to explain what was happpening. 

Any ideas? Thanks

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144329 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No, your account is still active therefore you will continue to pay the same rate, per month, until you switch to the new tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
No, your account is still active therefore you will continue to pay the same rate, per month, until you switch to the new tariff.

Okay thank you for your view, the O2 refresh fee is not paying off the remainder of the contract then? Surely I would not pay as much for the refresh fee then if I was going to pay another months worth of old tariff. 

Either way I ended up having to pay extra it would appear. 

Message 12 of 20

MI5
  • 144329 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You would only pay less if you request to drop to a sim only or PAYG tariff until the new phone is delivered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
There has been an issue with this where customers have paid off Phone Plan and an additional payment has been taken. You'll need to ask for a refund or do an indemnity claim at the bank.
Message 14 of 20

MI5
  • 144329 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What issue would that be.....?
If your phone is still connected to have to pay - I don't see an issue at all tbh....

Currently using:
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue was...Customer happily pays £20 a month on their phone plan and wants to upgrade, they have for example £100 left on their phone plan and pay it. However, a week later another £20 comes out their bank (Which is wrong as they have paid their existing phone plan) Therefore, it is an issue (Whether this is a bank thing or O2 thing, system problem i'm not sure) However, it is incorrect.
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Your best option is to ask for a detailed reason from customer service as to why they are taking full payments from you. The issue isn't with the bank. The direct debit will take what O2 claim as payment.

Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 144329 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As long as you are sure it is the phone (device) plan and not the airtime tariff I would agree with you......

Currently using:
Message 18 of 20

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

My understanding is that they should only take the airtime, unless they have started taking payments for the new phone...

Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 144329 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
or possibly too close to the DD date to stop it, in which case it would be refunded?

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20