cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid O2 refresh fee, still being billed on old Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

On 22 Sept I paid the Refresh fee to upgrade to an Iphone 6 and change contract. I was under the impression this Refresh fee would be paying of the remainder of my old contract minus the one remaining bill I had left. I then paid my remaining bill on the 29/09. 

Since then I have been waiting for Iphone 6 to be delivered and for my new contract to begin etc. The iPhone 6 has still not arrived and thus my new contract has not started.

I have now today had another bill created on the old tariff? This is despite me paying off this old tariff when I paid the Refresh fee. Surely I wouldn't need to pay for this month again? (with the exception of any additional charges outside of the normal bill amount) 

I am finding this very confusing and I still believe this bill must have been created in error. The 202 line were not helpful at all and were unable to explain what was happpening. 

Any ideas? Thanks

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Anything overpaid etc will be returned to you I'm sure. If you phone 202 again they will clarify the situation after looking at your account. It can sometimes depend in which agent you speak to as some are more knowledgeable than others.

We cannot as we are customers like you.

If you get no satisfaction then try http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain but you could be waiting up to 28 days for a response.
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, I called 202 and spent 35 minutes on the phone with them. The operator had no idea but could not provide a solution.

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
It can sometimes depend on which agent you speak to as some are more knowledgeable than others.
Message 4 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Until the new phone arrives it would seem that you are being billed for the previous contract as they will assume you will still be using your old phone and sim. The contract should switch once the new phone arrives. If you've used the speed to refresh though you should only be billed for airtime.

As we can't see accounts on here you need to sort this out with customer service.

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 144330 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your old tariff has to continue or else your phone will be cut off.
As you are billed a month in advance you have now entered another bill cycle and have been billed.
Once your new phone arrives it will transfer across with no additional costs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what you are saying, however I paid the refresh fee which I thought would be paying off the remainder of this contract? If I was to continue to be billed for it, I would seem to be paying for the came month twice? 

Message 7 of 20

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As you are billed a month in advance you have now entered another bill cycle and have been billed.

My thoughts too, which wasn't explained as well as your post @MI5 wink

Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Are you still using the old phone and sim?

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Are you still using the old phone and sim?

Yes I am still using the phone. Thank you very much for your opinions. My only issue is that with the Refresh fee being paid I would have thought this would have been the remainder of the contract, so any charges I have now should be anything extra outside of the normal contract amount. It does still seem like I would be paying for the same months twice otherwise. 

Message 10 of 20