Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only paying device plan bill.

Robo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
As a family I have four contracts on my account.

1 for an iPad. 3 for mobile phones.

I’m aware the bills are cut in to two payments device plan, and data plan. I’ve spoken to o2 about cutting my bill down as my financial situation has changed. However I’ve had no luck.

I can currently just about afford to pay them.

What I am wondering is if I can’t pay these anymore and switch to pay as you go sims, obviously it will affect my credit rating but sometimes this can’t be helped. If I don’t pay my monthly data bill, that will be cut off. What if I continue to pay my device plan?? Are they likely to still IMEI bar the phone? I appreciate they IMEI block for when bills aren’t paid etc. But if I’m still paying for the device plans can they do this?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Robo 

I'm sorry that payment management couldn't help you. Bottom line, if you can't pay your bills in full they will cut you off.

You can't just pay one part of your bill. If you change to PAYG you will have to pay the devices off in full.

I would try to call O2 again and see if you find anyone more helpful.

Numerous numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best one to try. See what options they can offer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Edited to add @Robo O2 dont bar a handset for unpaid bills. IMEI bars are for lost/stolen phones.

They bar the sim when the bills are unpaid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
  1. Hello @Robo 
  2. Sorry to hear your difficulties.
  3. Understand the problem of getting sorted. Do try again to get another operative at the Payment management team...often there are more experienced and more helpful personnel. 
  4. Don't give up o2 do seem to offer understanding and help
  5. There's nothing to prevent you making several enquiries. Your credit rating is important so give things a chance and pursue a good and reasonable outcome if you can..
  6. Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum...best wishes TallTrees 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4