Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 system does not have my address

rasheyz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, yesterday i made an order for monthly sim plan but o2 system was missing my Flat number, building name and street all there, my order was cancelled because credit check could not be done without my Flat number on my address, i talked with everyone, like sales team to update my address but they said, referral team will call me, referral team said they cant do it, contact customer services, customer services asked to contact sales team, sales team said ask service team, service team said because you were too slow now order is cancelled ask sales team, sales team said to have order updated you need to get an order and get the sim and get it activated and then we can send sms on that sim then we can update your address, i told them how can i order online without my full address on it, they said only option is order again with sales team and get a high prices deal, means i cant get any good deal found online, neither they can offer me same deal. What is mess really, i wasted my 24 hours on this game, and nobody can add my address on o2 system, i am living at same address from last 4 years, my all bank accounts, everything is setup here, its on royal mail database from day 1, i am also on electoral register but never voted (still thinking about it), got BT broadband on same address, just yesterday moved to virgin broadband on same address, the whole world knows my address but o2 does not and none of o2 teams can add it. thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hi @rasheyz - sounds like a trip to an O2 shop might help, with proof of identity (passport or driving licence at that address) and 2 proofs of address (utility or broadband bills with name and address on) might help.

Failing that, here are O2’s customer service team numbers – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202 (or specific Payment management number - 0800 902 0217 ) after 08:15am today.

O2 Social Media may help, links at the bottom of this post. I will tag O2 Advisors @O2Lisa and @megjess - they come on here at 08:00 and 09:00 and may send you a PM to see how you are getting on.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, happy Friday.

Thanks for the tag @pgn.

@rasheyz I'll message you privately and try my best to help but as pgn mentioned the store may be the best option.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

rasheyz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

seems like they all the same, same reply from @O2Lisa ahh sorry its 3rd party deal and we cant offer you same deal online hence we cant update your address, we can only force you to take a high priced deal from online sales team or from o2 store then we can add your correct address, i wonder how o2 running business without solutions in place.

Message 4 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35800 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Have you checked your PMs, @rasheyz - the little envelope up at the top of the screen on laptop, or here on mobile:

Screenshot_20211203-103935.png

?

Message 5 of 9

rasheyz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes, and had few messages exchange with o2Lisa and result is same, sorry we cant help unless you take a higher priced deal from us.

Message 6 of 9

dan_delay
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i am having the same issue - 02 will not accept they have my address incorrect in their systems and are blocking me on my credit check step.

my current address is in london, yet they add the word SURREY to the address

my previous address I had for 6 years and only updated in january, doesnt exist in their credit check system.

they wont stop calling me to upgrade tho, I have explained this issue to multiple people and they declined my technical request to update my address correctly.

Message 7 of 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6531 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1481 Solutions

I would be careful of those calls to upgrade, There are a lot of phising calls being made at the moment saying they are O2. We get a number of posts per week where people have been scammed.

If O2 won't accept your address try another network, although best to try PAYG SIM cards first to see which is best for you 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5487 Posts
  • 96 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@dan_delay 

There was a suggestion by @pgn earlier in this thread that the original poster might consider visiting an O2 retail store. You might wish to see if they can help you :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

If you do decide to visit, please read the post by @pgn as that describes what Identification documents you will need to take with you.  

Message 9 of 9