cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sales rep lied to me

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got SIM card and iPad , I should have 100 minutes 1g and unlimited texts, I asked the sale guy 3 TIMES are the minutes capped he said yes after you use 100 you can no longer make the phone call unless you phone customer service and make extra payment then switch off your phone and switch on and you will have extra minutes, I was really happy about it, now I got send out a bill for 200£. Not 35£ went to the shop and got told that data is capped not minutes and that's I must the thick because he explains everything and it's my fault for not understand it him properly and not askin enough questions he got very aggressive when I asked him why did he lied to me , I also got told that because I went over my limit I have been charged premium cost for every call
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Download the my O2 app to keep track of your usage.
If you think you have been misled by sales you can make a complaint
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Download the my O2 app to keep track of your usage.
If you think you have been misled by sales you can make a complaint
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was thinking if I should go to newspaper with it because I don't think I should pay for his mistake
Message 3 of 26

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You should really follow the official complaints route first but think about your situation carefully.
You used over your minutes without checking and are now blaming O2 for it?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 26

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Good morning,

Really sorry you feel that you've been misled, the above complaints procedure is a good place to start. Also, have you called 202 and spoken to a cs agent?

What I will add though is, you're the one that's used the minutes not O2. It really is YOUR responsibility to keep track of usage.

Did you not realise you'd spent more than 100 minutes talking?

Anyway, follow the steps already outlined and just maybe o2 might offer you a goodwill discount but I'm guessing they'll say they aren't forced to.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was told that minutes are capped no one informed me when I went over my limit
Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 don't cap mins and it is your responsibility to check.
All you can do is follow the complaints route as we've already said.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
So why I have been lie to by O2 sales man
Message 8 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I don't think going to the newspaper will bring you much joy really. At the end of the day it's your word against that of the sales advisor. Additionally you are able to keep track of your own usage via My O2...that's one of it's many purposes http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 26

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So why I have been lie to by O2 sales man

I would think confusion or misunderstanding rather than lies tbh.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 26