cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sales rep lied to me

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got SIM card and iPad , I should have 100 minutes 1g and unlimited texts, I asked the sale guy 3 TIMES are the minutes capped he said yes after you use 100 you can no longer make the phone call unless you phone customer service and make extra payment then switch off your phone and switch on and you will have extra minutes, I was really happy about it, now I got send out a bill for 200£. Not 35£ went to the shop and got told that data is capped not minutes and that's I must the thick because he explains everything and it's my fault for not understand it him properly and not askin enough questions he got very aggressive when I asked him why did he lied to me , I also got told that because I went over my limit I have been charged premium cost for every call
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Surely you must have thought you were over the minutes by 6 hours or so?
At minimum I would have checked my usage.
There is a huge difference between 100 minutes and 6.8 hours of chargeable calls.
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got 2 witnesess and I'm sure he said 3 time that minutes are capped so he's a liar
Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got told I will be inform if I will go over limit and that I won't be able to make phone calls which didn't happen
Message 13 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You would have been supplied with all the terms and conditions and unfortunately you have gone so far over your minute allowance that you need to take it up with customer service and the complaints dept.

Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Maybe you should have checked with us first?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I kW I went over limit but why he lied to me
Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I kW I went over limit but why he lied to me

Firstly you need to prove that. Secondly no one here knows the answer... 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohh so it's ok for the, to lie see that's why I wanna go to newspapers to shame them and that sales guy
Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No newspaper will print an allegation like that without proof.
That's why I said you need to prove it.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 26

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 20 of 26