cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 rep stating that O2 will not honour Huawei warranty because its Googles fault,

StevenGW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im not even going to attempt to quote anymore consumer law. But if my 3 month old Huawei Mate 20 Pro becomes no longer fit for purpose for which it was sold then Im entiled to a replacement or repair.

But according to this O2 rep im screwed and my phone wont be replaced under warranty..

[Removed chat transcript]

I then contacted O2 via my phone, and also got the same brush off..

O2 reps seem to not give a damn and are being told to tell us, too bad tough, not our problem.

This really needs to goto the press.. Ive just contacted the BBC news and Watchdog.

I'm probably not even right in half the things I'm saying, but one thing I do know, I've a £1000 phone, which Google and Huawei have now killed, which is covered under warranty, which O2 won't honour, im not to happy..

edit: posted by another user.

if we are for discussing terms and conditions can you state where it says on o2s terms that your phone can be allowed to be blocked from any form of updates, and security updates which are essential to the functioning of a phone well within its warranty period, consumer rights states an item you purchased can not be changed or altered from the state in which you purchased it which is now quite clearly the case.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Hot off the press.
https://news.sky.com/story/huawei-gets-temporary-licence-amid-us-sanctions-row-11725056

Thanks for that @viridis, good news for Huawei phone owners, at least for the next 90 days.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123203 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Hot off the press.
https://news.sky.com/story/huawei-gets-temporary-licence-amid-us-sanctions-row-11725056

Yes good news for some....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys the official response from O2 has been posted here.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 17

Class40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Huawei has not killed your phone, no one has.It sill continue to function as it has since you bought it. The only thing will be you wont get new android version when its released. But to be honest, so what? You wont lose google apps, playstore or anything else. How can so many people be so misinformed about this?

It is NEW as yet unreleased phones that will be locked out of google apps. NOT existing models even if they are as yet sitting in a warehouse waoting to be sold. Just today I ordered a huawei p30pro 512gb from ee.

Message 16 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

We now have a Q&A on the Huawei situation live on the community. You can read the Q&A here. 

If you have any questions that are not answered in the Q&A please drop them in the thread and we'll do our best to get them answered for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 17