Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance

Etha78pri
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 14 pro max, I had to claim on o2 insurance because I dropped my phone there was 3 pink lines going down the screen a few times they would disappear and come back while the phone was always overheating etc. 

so I made a claim through o2 insurance. I then got a replacement like for like same phone just DPD came out and exchanged. 
soon as I opened the “new” iPhone the screen had a massive deep scratch on the side of the screen, I then called up insurance and explained I wasn’t happy with the poor quality device I had received so then they was nice enough to send me a 2nd device. And what do you know theirs big deep chips on the side of the frame. You can tell they send me a phone that’s had a screen replacement and by the looks of it they used a metal tool to take the screen off and that’s damaged the phone frame. 

I also realised all iPhones even “like new” and refurbished phones come with Apple 1 years warranty by law. My replacement device doesn’t even have 1 year warranty by apple. 

so not only have they sent me 2 bad quality phones out I cannot even go through apple to get the phone sorted out because theirs no warranty. 

what is happening behind the scenes at o2s insurance repairs obviously the technicians who fix the phones are not trained to replace a device without damaging them. 

and what makes it worse o2 say they need me to return the phone so they can inspect it and it will take 7 days. 7 days without a phone seriously? And I have to pay £90 in fees. 

I’ve made a complaint but I want to make others aware about o2s insurance it’s totally unacceptable 

and I am sure this goes again costumer rights having no warranty on a iPhone 14 pro max that was released in September 2022 the warranty would end September 2023 at least and because the screen has been replaced theirs should have been 3 months + warranty extended. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Sometimes, it pays to shop around for insurance, but having said that, most insurers you will find repair using the same repair service. Hope the complaint yields results, @Etha78pri. In Apple's case, their repair cover may have been better, but not sure how you could have found out before settling on O2's own insurance offering, tbh.

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phones/article/mobile-phone-repair-cheapest-way-to-fix-iphone...

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/products/iphone/

Message 2 of 2