cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 pay as you go callers being charged ringing my new pay monthly 02 sim only

Anonymous
Not applicable
I changed my tariff from 02 pay as you go to a pay monthly 02 sim only deal.
All was great for 24 hours until I got my old number transferred back. Now members of my family who are pay as you go 02 are bring charged for calls and texts ??? They have unlimited 02 minutes and calls but still being charged and it's only happening when they ring me, why is this happening ???
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When your number changes from one platform to another ie. P&G to monthly, it can take up to 48 hours for the number to reregister on the O2 systems.

Calls will be free again when the system catches up and in the meantime friends and family will be recredited for the charges if they contact customer service.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When your number changes from one platform to another ie. P&G to monthly, it can take up to 48 hours for the number to reregister on the O2 systems.

Calls will be free again when the system catches up and in the meantime friends and family will be recredited for the charges if they contact customer service.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you soo much Jonsie for your quick reply , my family members couldn't understand it nor could I and it was too late to get through to customer services. Appreciate your help
Eileen
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Exactly as you said @jonsie  When I changed from PAYG to Pay monthly this happened to my family on O2 mobiles (who should have still been able to make free calls to me) It took exactly 48hrs to reset. All was fine once the system updated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Presumably the family members can ask for o2 to credit them for charges incurred?
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Cleoriff had never heard of that happening before. Soo glad posted on this forum , very helpful
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will get them to ask for credit tomorrow piperdog123
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent. Please do stick around and let us know how you get on.

Would recommend you don't ask the refund question via Live Chat though.
Message 10 of 10