cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends and Family discount SIMO?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, took out a new 12 month SIMO deal with o2 the other day, from the store directly in Peterborough. And I have a relative who works there, so I asked them to apply there F+F discount on the account. And it has been a few days and I've had no confirmation saying it has gone through? And I've spoken online on web chat and they seem to think you cannon apply F+F on a SIMO deal? So a bit of help would be appreciated to clear this up

Thank You

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ill give customer service a call, but didn't have this much trouble when I applied it onto my rerefresh tariff. As I have 2 connections with o2. Could that be the issue?

No, I have it on 3 accounts but you do need a different code for each one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Follow the instructions here to apply for it http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have F&F on a SIMO so it is possible to do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there I have already done that step, ive texted DISCOUNT to 2020. And put in the required information, but I've not recieved the text to confirm that it has been applied?
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Follow the instructions here to apply for it http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

@MI5  Could the info (about sim only) be added to your link please? I looked at it prior to replying...and as sim only wasn't mentioned.... I didn't post wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So can you apply F+F to SIMO? Like I said I've texted discount to 2020 and im waiting for confirmation and it has been 3 days now?
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As I said above, yes as I have it, unless they have changed to rules since I got mine.....?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you can have it applied to sim only. Give customer service a call. I thought the employee had to apply for it with their EIN or am I confused with staff discount?

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@MI5  Could the info (about sim only) be added to your link please? I looked at it prior to replying...and as sim only wasn't mentioned.... I didn't post wink

Forget my question above! Having re-read the guide I found this as plain as day...

The F&F discount can also be applied to simo contracts and PAYG accounts but at all times the contracts must be taken directly with O2 (no 3rd party resellers) and notable exclusions always apply to new iPhone launches (check T&C's for full details).

I will get myself to specsavers Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ill give customer service a call, but didn't have this much trouble when I applied it onto my rerefresh tariff. As I have 2 connections with o2. Could that be the issue?
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I have it on 3 accounts but you do need a different code for each one.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11