cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Style bills

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it only me? ..but isnt it a pain having seperate bills for airtime and device paln? Why cant they simply be placed on one bill (they could be itemised seperately)? 

Come on O2 think about ease for the cuistomer - not your own systems

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 DID think about their customers.

Many didn't want to be tied into 24 month contracts when new devices are released regularly like iPhone and Samsung annually.

So o2 introduced refresh to help those customers who want to have a new phone more than every two years.

If you really want a single bill you can still get the old style contracts via the resellers such as Carphone Warehouse for example.

Refresh is clearly very popular with o2 gaining new customers at the rate of a million or so per year for the last 3 years.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's because the phone bill part is a credit agreement and can be paid off early to allow you to get a new phone quicker.
If it was all rolled into one you would have to pay a lot more to upgrade early like you had to do previously.
It's called refresh and is explained here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/upgrades/o2-refresh-explained
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 DID think about their customers.

Many didn't want to be tied into 24 month contracts when new devices are released regularly like iPhone and Samsung annually.

So o2 introduced refresh to help those customers who want to have a new phone more than every two years.

If you really want a single bill you can still get the old style contracts via the resellers such as Carphone Warehouse for example.

Refresh is clearly very popular with o2 gaining new customers at the rate of a million or so per year for the last 3 years.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It should also be remembered that o2 have some 25 million customers now and everyone wants things done a different way.

It is virtually impossible for o2 to offer hundreds of different billing systems. They do it their way as they see fit and to the best of their ability.
Like all products and services you have a choice. If you don't like their way of billing, change network.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it only me? ..but isnt it a pain having seperate bills for airtime and device paln? Why cant they simply be placed on one bill (they could be itemised seperately)? 

Come on O2 think about ease for the cuistomer - not your own systems

Not sure what you mean by "isn't it a pain" @Anonymous since both payments are taken by Direct Debit.  The monthly payment for the phone is the same each month so what need for a bill anyway?   And the airtime bill is available online with all the details you need.  How much easier could it be?

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I meant was that if you need a bill, it was far better to have all mobile phone charges on a single bill - this should still be possible with the seperation of the airtime and device charges- Many peopole will need a bill - and I dont just mean Ed Balls!! - so come its a very simple admin change- doesnt alter the structure of refresh at all.

Message 6 of 6