cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 offers definite credit check pass

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 this week began to offer new customers a guaranteed credit check pass in store when they connect to contract. O2’s new deal means customers applying for a monthly contract with handset that fails the vetting process will, instead, be able to connect to SIM-only deals, which do not include a free handset and has no fixed contract length.
Customers will be able to take SIM-only deals for a minimum of six months, without a deposit to pay. Provided all billing is up to date and on time, they will be able to upgrade to 18-24-month deals with a handset.

My question is, I was declined for a phone just over 3 weeks ago, would I have to go in apply for an 18 month contract to be declined and offered a guaranteed pass for sim only

or would o2 be able to look up my old declined application and set me up with sim only

thanks
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
it is not a guaranteed pass for sim only, they have relaxed the credit scoring which means, that you still cannot definatly get a sim only deal with o2
Message 21 of 25

LC56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I use checkmyfile as it syncs all the information on equifax, experian, transunion and crediva. Personally, I feel that all these financial bodies, need to use something that helps their customers! Having a littany of errors and addresses that don't exist and information that makes credit referencing impossible, is something I would have thought in this day and age, would no longer be an issue! Perhaps regulation around data is too lax, which is why we the customers are then open to fraudulent activities by nefarious individuals!

Message 22 of 25

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6571 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1482 Solutions

@LC56 However, this is a 14 year old thread!

All hail the search function! 😉

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 23 of 25

LC56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think my frustration got the best of me @Enlli that I didn't check the timestamp! I will have to take up my grievance formally with 02 slight_smile

Message 24 of 25

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6571 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1482 Solutions

Good luck.

The age of the thread will tell you how long this has been going on.

My advice has always been to find a network that wants your custom

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 25 of 25