cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 offers definite credit check pass

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 this week began to offer new customers a guaranteed credit check pass in store when they connect to contract. O2’s new deal means customers applying for a monthly contract with handset that fails the vetting process will, instead, be able to connect to SIM-only deals, which do not include a free handset and has no fixed contract length.
Customers will be able to take SIM-only deals for a minimum of six months, without a deposit to pay. Provided all billing is up to date and on time, they will be able to upgrade to 18-24-month deals with a handset.

My question is, I was declined for a phone just over 3 weeks ago, would I have to go in apply for an 18 month contract to be declined and offered a guaranteed pass for sim only

or would o2 be able to look up my old declined application and set me up with sim only

thanks
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have any problems with my credit file, i'm looking at them both

i've emailed the c.e.o office Matthew Key, as Credit Referrals are just saying they can't tell why i've been declined, even though i've said I don't want to know why i've been declined, I want to know why I wasn't offered the guaranteed sim only despite it being guaranteed pass

my files are clear, but if o2 don't want my money and employ staff who don't read my emails properly and can't address my points, then screw them, i'll go to orange

sim only, no credit check and decent customer services
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have any problems with my credit file, i'm looking at them both
i've emailed the c.e.o office Matthew Key, as Credit Referrals are just saying they can't tell why i've been declined, even though i've said I don't want to know why i've been declined, I want to know why I wasn't offered the guaranteed sim only despite it being guaranteed pass
my files are clear, but if o2 don't want my money and employ staff who don't read my emails properly and can't address my points, then screw them, i'll go to orange
sim only, no credit check and decent customer services

If your credit file is clean then that may be why? That you have no credit history? This really annoys me that decent people who are good with their money get declined for things because they don't have credit etc.

As for your last statement, Sim only will always be on the basis of a credit check, and just to be antagonistic O2 have been voted the best customer services and best provider so someone obviously thinks were decent tongue
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
You only need to look at the forums to see that not everyone thinks o2 is decent

My credit file is clean, i've got credit, my credit card is repaid in full every month

again i've got a standard email response saying they can't tell me why i've failed, despite me saying twice I don't want to know why i've failed I want to know why o2 are promising one thing and saying another, yet customer srvices and credit referrals can't deviate from their scripts

I've gone to another network as a contract customer, straight pass

I think o2 need to look at their credit checking procedure as there are countless posts similar to mine, people declined no credit problems

Just because o2 is the biggest and most subscribed network, doesn't mean it's the best
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Once again CSA's DONT work from scripts, credit checks is NOTHING to do with us, it is only sales and retail that ever run credit checks, and then it is with the company I have already mentioned, nothing to do with O2 if it fails or not.
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
You only need to look at the forums to see that not everyone thinks o2 is decent

This forum probably has a couple hundred active members at the most, o2 has about what 15-20 million customers (just an estimate by the way)

People think that because a lot of the people on the forums share these views then all the other customers do too.

What your also forgetting is that many people only register for the forums to vent their anger about a product or service, so probably 90% of the members didnt come here to talk about how good o2 is, but how bad.
Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

The sim only tariffs are changing so shortly they will be on longer term lengths as well as the 1 month minimum, as of Saturday the new 2009 tariffs are coming in (they are pretty damn good!) and there is one for a sim only on 12 months.

When are the new tariffs being announced? I thought the idea of simplicity was its short contract length (and no phone supplied). Although if they are offering a 12 month simplicity contract for the same price but with additional benefits I'd go for it, been with Cellnet/o2 for years so can't see me changing now.
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

The sim only tariffs are changing so shortly they will be on longer term lengths as well as the 1 month minimum, as of Saturday the new 2009 tariffs are coming in (they are pretty damn good!) and there is one for a sim only on 12 months.

When are the new tariffs being announced? I thought the idea of simplicity was its short contract length (and no phone supplied). Although if they are offering a 12 month simplicity contract for the same price but with additional benefits I'd go for it, been with Cellnet/o2 for years so can't see me changing now.

They were brought out today! grin
Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the 12 month simplicity tariff with the added value is only available online, which is a shame as I have a contract bought through an o2 shop so cannot sign up for it.
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like the 12 month simplicity tariff with the added value is only available online, which is a shame as I have a contract bought through an o2 shop so cannot sign up for it.

It will be live instore (hopefully) on the 2nd of Feb. slight_smile
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sim only as a rule have been for shorter tariff lengths, but a lot of people just stay on them and never change, so allowing them an extra 33% just for signing up for 12 months is a great benefit really.
Message 20 of 25