cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched away using PAC, no final bill, no myO2 access to account and customer services lying

stusalad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Honestly baffled by O2.

I arrived from Virgin Mobile in May, and I used my PAC on December 27th as iD mobile had a better deal.

Immediately, 28th December, my number disappeared from myO2 ... I can still log in but only see o2 wifi as the only service available. 

8th January, they manage to take the regular monthly fee. Not ideal, as they could be smarter, but fine: take the fee and then credit back whatever of it is appropriate later back through the direct debit.

So I ring up on the 11th Jan, get through to customer services, they say there's a credit, will be sent back. I also say I need my December bill and final bill. They say yep, log in to get it, I say not possible. They say no worries we'll post you it. OK, again fairly awful but lumbering corporate so no surprises.

I ring up today, seeing where things are at. I am repeatedly lied to that I should login in to my account, I must have forgotten my password, bills are in myo2 etc. Also, without seeing the irony, I am also told by the customer service person that I can't see my bills because I have ported out.

I explain they are lying which he seems quite upset about and then offers to charge me £1 to get all my bills posted to me. I explain I am not paying £1 to be shown a bill that I should have already been provided with.

Eventually he says he's going to apply a good will gesture to my account and then send me my bills (presumably the goodwill gesture will be £1 to net off the cost of seeing my bills). They can't email these so I have to wait 14 days for them to be printed and posted.

Leave 27th December

8th January Direct debit for normal amount leaves my account

19 January, credit not appeared back and no final bill received.

It's not just that it's all so amateur, it's that there are lies involved (log in to download your bills) and clearly the O2 process for PAC and sending out a final bill is completely broken by design.

Chances of me receiving my bills or credit at this point ... fairly low I would guess. Next step complaint to Ofcom I guess?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146369 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28166 Solutions

@stusalad 

In the first instance you complain to O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Process is outlined here https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

There's currently around an 8 week response time from what we hear on here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10499 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3082 Solutions

@stusalad 

First off OFCOM will tell you to go away as they don't deal with consumer complaints and the ADR won't deal with anything until you have been through the proper complaints process via o2 ( https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain )

And by accusing a CS agent of lying will get the agents back up, and will not want them to help you and your account will probably be flagged. 

What you are best doing is calling the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 and speaking to them, without belittling the people on the phone...  and get them to have a look into it, and to be honest most people port out with out issue... 

Also bare in mind it can take 14 WORKING days for the refund to appear back into your bank account

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

stusalad
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks for the helpful links and notice that complaints are taking 8 weeks to be responded to. I didn't know there was an internal complaints team as customer services and the phone menu did not advise me of that so I appreciate you letting me know.

@madasaf1sh Thanks also for the link, alternate phone number and 14 working days for a refund to be processed.

We are at 16 working days so far from 27th December.

I was very patient (I think the call was beyond the 40 minute mark) before I noted they were lying about what I could see but I'm afraid their approach finally got the better of me.

The port out went fine for me too.
It's clearing up the administrative bits that is a real waste of my time.

Message 4 of 7

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7362 Posts
  • 139 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@stusalad 

I really don't see why an O2 Customer advisor would lie to you.

Why would they ? How does it benefit them ? 

If you said that they had given you incorrect information and were in need of training, then that would be a different matter. 

Message 5 of 7

stusalad
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian You are, of course, welcome to your opinion.

When someone repeatedly asserts that I can download my final bill and I am choosing not to after I have explained that it is not possible to access my final bill online then either they are calling me a liar or they are lying themselves.

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7362 Posts
  • 139 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@stusalad wrote:

@Oxonian You are, of course, welcome to your opinion.

When someone repeatedly asserts that I can download my final bill and I am choosing not to after I have explained that it is not possible to access my final bill online then either they are calling me a liar or they are lying themselves.

@stusalad 

Let's agree to differ.

You were the person on the call and you have reached your view based on the contents of the call. 👍

Message 7 of 7