cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have wrecked my credit rating

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have an O2 pay monthly device and tarriff. I decided to pay off the device early and cancelled my tariff. This was all done late 2017.

Now I have had a mortgage application declined because my credit file shows that I have an outstanding loan with O2 that I have not paid for 4 months!

Who can I contact in O2 to correct this? This is a serior error on O2 part which has now caused a huge issue for me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still waiting for a reply from the credit referrals people. They said it takes 10 days so I should get a reply next week.

I'll create the notice on my credit record if they dont reply soon.

Message 11 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been over 10 working days and I have not heard from O2.

I checked my credit report on Experian and it has been corrected which is great. The incorrect missed payments have all beenn removed.

However Equifax is showing that the outstanding debt has been settled, but it still showing that I have missed payments in the past.

I need this to be corrected with Equifax otherwise my credit score is still impacted. I have emailed the O2 Credit referals people again, but I suspect I will hear nothing from them.

Are there any mods or O2 staff here that can look into this and actually tell me what is going on and chase this up?

Message 12 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93957 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

I will mention @Martin-O2 and @Marjo who are the admin team though I'm not sure they can help with credit file issues. They will be online later this morning .

In the meantime, whilst you are waiting for a reply from the CRT maybe you might want to make a complaint here both to the Complaint Review Service and via the Resolver link there on the complaints page.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/o2-complaints/services?odm=300_1_1&utm_source=O2&utm...

Between the lot of them I hope this gets cleared up as soon as possible.

Message 13 of 34

MI5
  • 149208 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions
I’d contact Equifax and ask them if it’s going to be corrected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @jonsie

@Anonymous Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do to speed things along. Once it's with the credit referrals team you have to wait for them to get back to you. It sounds like they have actioned your request, as your Experian report has been updated. For the other agencies there is a longer wait for the file to update. 

I would advise to chase your response with the credit referrals team and please keep us updated!  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 34

Caribbeanpg
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not impressed with o2 or this "community".  All seemed great to start with but my issue has still not been resolved (even thought I was advise it would be) and now I find that I am being ignored.

I have been an o2 customer in excess of 10 years, I am stuck with o2 now until June2019 but at the time of my next renewal, I will be moving to another provider.

Completely awful service.

Not happy, no impressed!!!

Message 16 of 34

MI5
  • 149208 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

With respect, we are not O2 and we cannot rectify any mistakes or fix issues that are someone else's doing.
We can advise and the community admin team can try and get you into contact with relevant departments to help, but we ain't miracle workers.

Additionally, Martin has been off for a few days so I'm sure he won't ignore you when he's back in work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 34

jonsie
  • 93957 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

A bit harsh @Caribbeanpg and I'm sorry your situation hasn't been put right as yet. We are all customers like yourself and to honest I'm not altogether sure exactly what you expected from the community.

No one here has access to your accounts and have no sway with O2, the credit referrals team or any department or personnel within O2. We have merely passed on advice gleaned from our own experiences and those of other customers who have been in a similar situation to yourself.

I hope matters get sorted for you soon, personally I'd be bombarding credit referrals with daily emails. They are the only people who can help you.

Message 18 of 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Caribbeanpg I've sent you another message about your situation. It contains some personal info so I haven't posted it publicly. Please get back to me when you can! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

An update for you all....

I raised a complaint via the Resolver site. I had a reply from O2 after a couple of days saying that my complaint was upheld. 

Equifax has had an update and I am just waiting for that to be applied to my report then hopefully this will be all over.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Hopefully this is of help to others.

Message 20 of 34