cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have wrecked my credit rating

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to have an O2 pay monthly device and tarriff. I decided to pay off the device early and cancelled my tariff. This was all done late 2017.

Now I have had a mortgage application declined because my credit file shows that I have an outstanding loan with O2 that I have not paid for 4 months!

Who can I contact in O2 to correct this? This is a serior error on O2 part which has now caused a huge issue for me.

Thanks

Message 1 of 34
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Credit referrals team contract details:
Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
f +44 (0)113 202 5865
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymouswere you on a Refresh contract? If so did you cancel the airtime when you paid off the device and cancelled the contract? And did you check in My O2 that it showed a zero balance.

If you are on Refresh and didn't cancel the airtime it will now be on a 30 day rollover for which you will still be charged each month. I would speak to Customer Services asap http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus 08:00, when they open is the best time.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 34

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous information here on O2 Refresh
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

Message 3 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, both the airtime and device were paid off and the airtime cancelled and show £0.

At the time O2 made an error and charged me a £165 early termination charge. I queried that and was told it was a mistake and the charge was removed. However, it looks like Experian believe that I still owe O2 £165 and this is the problem. The error is even shown as a credit on my Feb 2018 bill when I log in.....

Early Termination Credit/Adj (VAT NA) (Credit for
Termination fee raised in error )

Message 4 of 34

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymousyou need to speak to O2 first to double check what appears on their records. If they confirm that the termination fee has been cancelled and your account is in £0 balance. Then you need to speak to Experian to establish exactly what they have on their files and explain that the early termination fee was cancelled and you don't owe O2 anything; assuming, of course, that is what they show as outstanding.

And apologies for the late reply. I assumed, wrongly it appears, that you'd be fast asleep when I initially replied. Clearly you're a night owl like me.

Message 5 of 34

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Credit referrals team contract details:
Telefónica O2 UK Limited
Credit File Referrals (Uk)
Finance and Professional Services
Suite P, Arlington Business Centre LS11 0NE
f +44 (0)113 202 5865
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken to O2. The only thing offered was an email address for me to send all of the details.

The number provided by MI5 doenst work.

I've sent all the details over, so lets hope they get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 7 of 34

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
That’s a fax number.
The CR team aren’t customer facing so there is no phone number.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 34

Caribbeanpg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OMG - you have exactly the same scenario as I do - I am trying to buy a house and cannot apply for the mortgage until they clear my adverse credit. Only problem is I cannot find a phone number or get a reply to my emails!

Did they resolve you issue?? If so how quickly??

I run the risk of losing the house I have reserved if they do not resolve their mistake! I'm furious.
Message 9 of 34

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Both you guys can add a notice of correction to your own credit file which can be supported with any evidence you have to show it's an O2 error.
Most lenders will take this into consideration when applying for a loan or mortgage.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 34