cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have cheated me out of £60 quid in one month - deliberatley

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are sent the message from O2: From July, we're changing the way you can use your mobile in Europe. You'll pay a 50p connection charge to make or receive a call, then use your UK call allowance. And no more than £1.99 for a day of data. For more info (including standard tariff alternative), visit http://go.o2.co.uk/o2trpm

you don't expect a massive bill of £90 for a two weeks holiday in Europe do you?

So far O2 claim not all countries in Europe are actually in Europe!  

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93320 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Which countries have you incurred the charges from?

Try not to rant and just write the facts and maybe someone can offer help.

Message 2 of 24

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

there are 27 countries in the EU and o2 travel was born out of the new EU regs. http://www.eucountrylist.com/

Your link has the countries it works in and some are not in the EU. Q. What countries are included in O2 Travel?
The service is available in Andorra; Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Denmark; Estonia; Finland; France, Monaco; Germany; Gibraltar; Greece; Guernsey; Hungary; Iceland; Ireland; Isle of Man; Italy, Vatican, San Marino; Jersey; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland

As said above where did you go to?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
When you take into account 14 days at £1.99 a day for data, add your monthly tariff cost you are already around the £60 I would guess, so then you have approx £30 of call charges..... Doesn't sound excessive to me....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why i used the word CHEAT.  If your mate sends you a text telling you he / she will buy you a pint in any pub, you don't expect him / her to have a black list of pubs the offer doesn't apply to then tell you afterwards - are you saying O2 customers have to double check offers from O2 are genuine?

I went to Russia, Moscow & St.Petersburg, according to O2 travel insurance, Russia is in Europe.  Of course it is, only a cheat would offer you something as plain as pike staff then hide behind terms & conditions they know most people will trust them not to have to check up on

countries covered by O2 insurance: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=312,E=0000000006633531722,K=2130,Sxi=1,Prob...

Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5, your answer is thouhtful but wrong, the costs you suggest are what I expected but not being greed i only used the internet twice and made only 5 phone calls.

6Mb of data cost me £36 and 5 phone calls to UK numbers in my call plan cost me £24

The issues here are whether O2 should be trusted when send a plain as you like text making an offer and whether Russia is in Europe, O2 travel say it is, O2 mobile say it isn't.  O2 mobile told me its not in Europe because "we don't have a partner deal going on"

Only a cheat would do this, what next, France is not in Europe?

Message 6 of 24

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Please do not get me wrong but the T&C for o2 travel are completey different to o2 insurance.

In your first post is the truth and o2 have not lied or cheated you all the info is correct in the sms you got and the page it linked to.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

what do you mean don't get you wrong? have you got a string in your back that O2 are pulling?

Message 8 of 24

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

No.

But I expected you to take it the wrong way from your ranting.

And no I do not work for or get paid by o2 these are customer to customer forums.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should not be on here if you are just agreeing with O2 no matter how bad the issue is, read my replies and focus on the facts:

1 can O2 arbitrarily claim Russia is not in Europe?

2 should O2 customers be aware any offer they receive must be checked into to make sure the offer is genuine?

Message 10 of 24