cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Data Rollover

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just thought of a great idea that I think O2 should look into which is a "Data Rollover option" Most customers don't use all of their O2 Data allowance during each month but some months they end up having a high useage amount. (This has just happened to me) 

Normally I used around 40% - 70% of my total 1GB.

What I think O2 should do is every 3 months allow us to use up 50% of our un used data. 

Example how this would work below

Month 1

1GB Available

500MB Used

500MB Remaining

Month 2

1GB Available + 250MB Rollover (50% of the 500MB remaining in Month 1)

1GB 50MB Used

200MB Remaining

Month 3 

1GB Available + 100MB Rollover (50% of the 200MB remaining in Month 2)

500MB Used

600MB Remaining

Month 4 

1GB Available + 0MB Rollover reset any remaining data is not rolled over.

What is everyones thoughts about this let me know what you think slight_smile 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Rollovers used to happen with voice and texts around 10 years ago before being dropped (Definitely on Vodafone as I used to do that large rollover!). The problem nowadays is that data is a growing issue on the networks and they don't want people to rollover as what will happen is a big drain when the user realises they've got a massive amount to use up by a certain date.

I'd prefer a discount in billing in a similar fashion after 3 months as suggested. Or you could combine say have 100MB unused each month and on month 6, you get a free month before resetting. Would only work on twice a year proportinally to the unused amount of course. If you went over you allowance during the 6 months you'd still pay the extra but then you may make it back on the free month.

Then again, if they had a sensible use-as-you-need-rate rather than a fixed amount, that would work better for me and many others therefore those who use it more pay more. 

Message 2 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Rollovers used to happen with voice and texts around 10 years ago before being dropped

Those were the days!:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I don't think they will ever implement data and minute roll-overs, just the sheer logistics of it.

Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

we still have on  our business contract 1 month rollover of sms and mins 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 5