cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have cheated me out of £60 quid in one month - deliberatley

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are sent the message from O2: From July, we're changing the way you can use your mobile in Europe. You'll pay a 50p connection charge to make or receive a call, then use your UK call allowance. And no more than £1.99 for a day of data. For more info (including standard tariff alternative), visit http://go.o2.co.uk/o2trpm

you don't expect a massive bill of £90 for a two weeks holiday in Europe do you?

So far O2 claim not all countries in Europe are actually in Europe!  

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
@Cheated-by-O2, you have a private message from me.

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have posted the same rip off comments in a  few topics why ??? If you have any issues take them up with o2 slight_smile

Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Penny123, i have posted replies to posts with similar concerns after searching for "travel" and "Europe". 

I have written to O2 a couple of weeks ago after speaking to customer services. No reply

Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try pm toby or leonard maybe there can help you out, The people posting here  are customers just trying to help out slight_smile

Message 14 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi @Cheated-by-O2, I have removed the other replies, as they diverted from other member's queries, but I will of course leave this thread open for discussion and I have just replied to you message.

Cheers!

Get involved:

Message 15 of 24

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hang on a second, that text was sent out in July informing all customers of the changes. In between that and your holiday, you had sufficient time to check the call costs to/from Russia. If you'd gotten that text whilst abroad in Russia then there is a valid complaint to be made otherwise there is none as you have had the opportunity to examine the costs.

By comparison, the rates for North America are identical so I agree with MI5 earlier in that it doesn't seem excessive by experience. And yes it is possible to get a higher bill on two successive months if your billing period happens to be in the middle of your holiday. A little known fact that some have been caught out with even though they've reached their limit as it resets on the billing date.

Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do find it strange all of the replies that mention the text offer think it is their duty to double check O2's facts before taking a text for granted.  The text did not say "certain countries in Europe are not included".  It's not a matter of having the time to proof read O2's T&C's it about trust

If you are told you can get calls at £x cost in Europe I do not think you are being unreasonable in not researching anything, is France in Europe or isn't it?

As for the costs charged, please read above, my bill would have been £9 for the European use instead of the £60 I have been charged

Message 17 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I would have hoped you would have researched before you went without relying on a text message. The website clearly differentiates between Western and Eastern Europe and the link from the text you quoted also lists Russia as not included in O2 Travel.

Seems to me you are trying to deflect from your own inadequacy in checking beforehand.

All the information could have been found here : http://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel/standard-charges

If you have made an official complaint it will be 5-7 working days before you get a response. Hope they can help you out but you have to take into account your own reponsibility.

Message 18 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
@Cheated-by-O2 I have sent you another PM

Get involved:

Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Errrr? Moscow, Russia is in Western Europe, so is France

Errrr? Would you check with O2 that France is part of Europe before travelling?

Information is everywhere, text said EUROPE, would have been obvious if it said EU

I got receipt confirmation of my written complaint on 12 October 2012, no reply to date

Message 20 of 24