Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customer service rude and appalling

Unhappy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In March i ordered a iPad on my o2 for my daughter as the the schools closed and needed to continue school work at home . With the situation I needed same day collection , the website told me it was in stock to collect locally . After placing this order I was told it was not able to collect for a few days so I called around a few different local stores and one had one to collect right away . I went into this local store the manger rang the original store I had ordered from to cancel the original order so I could proceed with the new one and then I left with my new iPad . Couple of weeks later I found a strange number attached to a number on my family plan , done some digging around on the ‘not so simple’ my o2 app and turns out this strange number was the original iPad the manger in store supposedly had cancelled . I then tried multiple times on multiple days to call o2 to speak to someone to explain the situation and try get it resolved before my bills where due , without succeeding after 2 weeks of trying the money was then took out of my bank account for the device that I do not own . I cannot cancel the direct debit as it is attached to my mobile number . When I finally got through to o2 after having a long conversation to get them to understand the situation I asked to speak to a manger apparently they are always in ‘meetings’ but the manager had advised her to freeze the number as they need the store to be open to prove it had not been collected and assured me that a refund would be issued and further payments froze until after lockdown when it could be fully resolved . After waiting 2 weeks I still had received no refund this then made me worry that the number had not been frozen and the money would continue to come out of my account again . When I rang love and behold I had been fobbed off and lied to on the phone the first time when I thought they had dealt with it and actually no action was taken at all so yeah still being charged for a device and sim I DO NOT OWN and staff where extremely rude and unwilling to help in anyway at all . So basically there open to take your money , but not open to deal with your problems !!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Unhappy1 

I will tag our managers @Marjo  and @Martin-O2  to look into this for you.

No point asking you to contact O2 during these trying times.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Unhappy1 We are all customers here, so we can't really do anything but sympathise with your predicament. The only thing we can do is to pass this to our community admin to see if they can help you get this resolved. They will see this in the morning. @Martin-O2@Marjo any help here?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's  complete mess

I'll mention our admin @Marjo  and @Martin-O2  although I'm not sure if they will be able to help with the store closed but maybe they can get someone to look at putting the payment on hold.

No promises as we can't access accounts here on the community @Unhappy1 

There are a few freephone numbers here in the link below so maybe you can speak to the payment management team directly.

Message 4 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Will just name drop again in case they missed the ones from last night...
@Martin-O2 @Marjo

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for tagging us in guys.

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with this @Unhappy1 😞 I'm not part of customer service myself but I'd like to help escalate this to our Gurus who can take a closer look at your account and help with sorting this out. I will drop you a private message here on the forum to get a few additional details to be able to pass this on so look out for a message from me shortly.

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks @Marjo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Douglas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Given COVID times how do I get in touch with Customer Services to query the additional charges I continue to incur monthly under the heading "Adjustments" whatever that covers!
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions