cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are aggressive bullies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone find O2 are aggressive when chasing for payments? I have been a loyal O2 customer for a number of years and rarely had any issues, since upgrading under the O2 refresh scheme, I've had nothing but problems. Firstly O2 seperated the bill into two different payments, I pay my O2 bill via standing order and this caused no end of problems, resulting in my phone being cut off. Resolved after several arguements and eventually they gave me my two account numbers. I sent a payment on the 23rd June, one for airtime and one for phone and they've loaded up one but the other is yet to appear and my phones been cut off again. No one can ring me either, seems very bulling to prevent all calls whatsoever when I am dealing with my bank to find out why the payment seems to have got lost, despite being sent to the same account details. I had no warning, literally just cut it off, because I know how aggressive O2 are, I knew they had cut it off.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure about being stuck between a rock and a hard place BoB. 

If it is in the T&C's, then it should be implemented....

It can be set to any date of your choosing when you complete the DD mandate.

At the risk of sounding arrogant I can't understand why anyone would choose any other payment method (for anything).

You can either afford it...or you can't

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
What I mean is if for whatever reason a DD cannot be re set up they (02), still require payment.

I agree that DD is the cleanest way to pay.
Message 12 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
What I mean is if for whatever reason a DD cannot be re set up they (02), still require payment.

That's what PAYG is for.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree with you @Cleoriff, BoB and @MI5.
Why people choose to pay by any other means I don't know.

The times people come on here as a result of payment issues but they don't pay by DD. For almost all it is by far and away the simplest.

I also think if it is in the T&C's to pay by DD then o2 should stick to it.
Message 14 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seeing as none of you know my account, I'd say it's hard to judge. Being a O2 customer for several years with no issues at all, I'd suggest your all being harsh. It was very unclear DD was a requirement and as I had always paid by SO with no issues previously. No one has answered my question, all I'm saying is their method is very harsh to prevent calls etc in and out, I can understand outbound calls but inbound calls also?
Message 15 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my experience O2 usually stop outbound calls and then after a short while if payment hasn't been made then inbound calls are stopped.

I haven't been harsh IMO. I've said some people prefer not to pay by DD which is why O2 offer alternatives.
Message 16 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either way payment has not reached the account by the due date. That is the responsibility of the account holder.

After all you would not go to the supermarket, fill your trolley, get to the checkout and then advise your intention to pay in a fortnight but still take the trolley full with you would you?
Message 17 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I was actually having a go at O2 for allowing it to happen - Not you for doing it. But take it as you wish. Either way, if you had set a DD you would not be in this position now, would you?
I'm sure when you do contact O2 to sort this out, if you ask them they will set up a DD for you on your preferred date which will prevent this from ever happening again - A much better solution all round slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
As before, you have no idea what's on my account. It's only just past it's due date and the payment was being looked into O2 and bam all cut off without notice.
Message 19 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Then if you feel it is unjustified the complaints process is detailed here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 20 of 42