cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade without my permission

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've received a load of emails and text messages regarding a new refresh upgrade that I did not make.
Changed my 10gb data to 500mb
New IPhone 6.
I definitely didn't do this as I hate Iphones. I've gone sim only as my m8 works great and is almost new as its an insurance replacement.
Looks like o2 ate trying aggressive sales tactics.
The phone is coming tomorrow. However I can't speak to anyone until tomorrow.
Fix this o2.
This is not a hack or a scammer as they have nothing to gain. The phone is being delivered to MY address. Who from O2 is doing this.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many out there have the same problem.
Unwanted upgrade, unauthorized upgrade,account changed without permission, forced upgrade
Message 2 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  You posted about this yesterday. If you spam the forum your posts will just be deleted. You were advised to speak to customer service. Do not use Live Chat. This is a customer to customer forum. No one here can resolve this for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymousposted tonight as well @Bambino on this thread.https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Unhappy/m-p/1040653#M125790

I will ask for them to be merged. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
This is another customer @Bambino but already discussed here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Unhappy/td-p/1040366
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 14

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

This OP posted in that thread, @MI5, hence my response.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Bambino
I posted this tonight. I am asking how many customers this has happened to. This is not spam. This is genuine issue.
Someone else was advised to ring customer services. I used live chat who told me it was resolved when it wasn't. This obviously isn't an isolated case. I like to know if anyone was able to have the issue resolved. They are sending a phone they didn't order tomorrow.
This all took place after office hours so I was unable to call to resolve this.
I also find it strange that although the process was started yesterday by o2 I only received the text late tonight.
Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122828 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@AnonymousWe are aware of your issue but you posted about this on another thread. It really is easier to keep things in one place to avoid repeated answers and confusion to other posters.

This is all we are requesting...

Also we have tagged in the head of community to your post in the previous thread...They will be able to help if it's all in the same area...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous  If you've already posted about this in another thread there's no point posting about it again. Live Chat is never much help when it comes to account issues, which is why I suggested you call customer service. You will get a better response if you speak to someone. If you are being sent a phone you didn't order, refuse to accept the delivery.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought this rang a bell. Let's hope @Anonymous takes everyone's good advice & call customer service tomorrow 

Message 10 of 14