cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgive me, I have searched but can't find a definate answer

I have a balance on my Devcie Plan but want ot uprgrade my phone, I know I have to pay the balance off to do this.

Does this have to be done over the phone or can I do it in store whilst sortng out my new phone?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 123710 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Nowhere have I seen anything mentioning where you can pay off your device plan balance.  Online chat said it had to be done via the phoen but I am not too sure

Online chat? Don't believe a word they say. They have misinformed you. If your local O2 shop is 5 mins away...go in and do it there...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now go forth and enjoy your new phone. Please do come back and let us know how you get on and also what you think of the new iPhone.

Enjoy
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the risk of repeating an earlier post though please REMEMBER to take i.d with you when upgrading to your new iPhone. It is essential in store when upgrading.
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

On a final note would you let us know how you get on with obtaining an iPhone 6. We've seen so many posts from people regarding O2 not having these available so it would be helpful to know if they are now getting them Instock.

Oh and as a tip try to haggle with them for an Upgrade Deal. You don't get if you don't ask even if it's just maybe a phone cover !
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes you can pay it in store but it will be a bit more than if you do it over the phone.

Over the phone the payment is taken by upgrades that will  give you 25% discount on the device plan settlement. Also they have offers that are not available in store if your phone is an upgrade, not a new connection. Hope this helps! slight_smile

Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just out of interest given that o2 say they give the same deals to both new and existing costumers, why would the o2 store charge more? Surely the 25% should be the same no matter where the OP decides to upgrade?

Appreciate upgrades team may have slightly better deals but why can't store offer these given the comment above about same deals? ??
Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just out of interest given that o2 say they give the same deals to both new and existing costumers, why would the o2 store charge more? Surely the 25% should be the same no matter where the OP decides to upgrade?

Appreciate upgrades team may have slightly better deals but why can't store offer these given the comment above about same deals? ??

Good points to raise. 

In http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh it says "The Offer is available for Eligible Customers in O2 Shops and Customer Services over the phone or via webchat." If indeed this is the one applicable. 

Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where is my kudo then for that one? ??

"good points to raise" lol 😆😈😆😈😆
Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

don't shoot the messenger @Anonymous !! You can have the 25% online too, by the way.

Just not instoreSmiley Frustrated

Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wouldn't dream of it @Anonymous but based on the link above. .....
Message 20 of 28